Ann: IEWebLister WLX v1.01

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2ctiberg
You've modified most of your plugins to support closing with ESC, are you going to add this possibility to IEWebLister, too?
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Nightburn

Post by *Nightburn »

This plugin is pretty cool, but I'd like the ability to open an URL using CTRL + O ..... or some other shortcut key.. that way i can be in total commander press ctrl Q to open quickview in other panel (which uses lister) and then type in a web address - heh i'll never use a web browser again . Is this functionality already there and im just missing it ? thx.
ctiberg

Post by *ctiberg »

Raymond wrote:This plugin is nice.
One thing, with this plugin I can't exit Lister by pressing ESC key, which I am used to. Could this feature be back in next version?
This is due to a very strange problem - the lister works 100% when ran as program.. The second we put it in a DLL, it ceases to send keyboard input..

We haven't yet found a single scrap of information on this subject, and will not try to do anything about it until we do, since we're honestly clueless :(
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg
ctiberg

Post by *ctiberg »

djk wrote:2ctiberg
You've modified most of your plugins to support closing with ESC, are you going to add this possibility to IEWebLister, too?
Raymond wrote:This plugin is nice.
One thing, with this plugin I can't exit Lister by pressing ESC key, which I am used to. Could this feature be back in next version?
This is due to a very strange problem, that we've so far been able to find a solution for, or even any information about.

When in a program, the WebBrowser gives us a chance to get keyboard data through an interface. But when we embedded it into a DLL, this suddenly stopped, without any explanation.

So we won't be able to fix this until we find more information about why this problem occurs. Sorry :(
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

What is the difference (or similarities) between this and IEVIEW? Will they work together or do you only want to run one of them? I'm just curious. :)
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

IEVIEW displays everything IE can display, too, for configuration edit ieview.ini and set 'AllowActiveX=1' and add ';4' to Edit line under [hotkeys], at least...
For example you can use the thumbnail preview from explorer when pressing CTRL-Q on a folder containing pictures (install latest TC beta!) or you can watch pdfs, office files, etc...

IEWeblister only displays html-files and you can't move on to another plugin pressing '4' so make sure that you put ieweblister behind ieview or ieview can't be loaded...
I mentioned the inability to use '4' the third time now and I will give it up as the author obviously is not interested in this bug. ;)
If size matters to you, too, ieview plugin is 36kb, ieweblister is >400kb.

Icfu
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

So IEVIEW does everything that this one does and a whole lot more. It seems more configurable, too. Thank you for the explanantion, sir. ;)
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2ctiberg
Has anything changed? Is there any chance for new version of IEWebLister supporting 'Esc' and '4' keys?
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
ctiberg

Post by *ctiberg »

djk wrote:2ctiberg
Has anything changed? Is there any chance for new version of IEWebLister supporting 'Esc' and '4' keys?
Sorry, we'd missed this post - but anyways, nothing's changed. We still don't know how to implement the feature. Sorry!
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2ctiberg

Maybe other plugin authors or Christian colud help you.

It's really uncomfortable to use your plugin without it. Most of other plugins support it so it seems to be normal to use it.
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
ctiberg

Post by *ctiberg »

djk wrote:Maybe other plugin authors or Christian colud help you.
That would be very much appreciated!
djk wrote:It's really uncomfortable to use your plugin without it. Most of other plugins support it so it seems to be normal to use it.
We've implemented it for our other lister plugins, and would have done so for this one too... To repeat, the ActiveX ceases to give us the keyboard input as soon as we put it in a DLL, and it's kinda hard to send something that we don't get :(
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg