"Create socket failed!" in WinXP

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Alexey Lukin

"Create socket failed!" in WinXP

Post by *Alexey Lukin »

Hello. About a month ago my TotalCommander 6.53 started throwing this message "Create socket faild!" on every connection to FTP but the very first one. The first connection always completes successfully, but if I disconnect from FTP and try to reconnect to this or another FTP, this error happens. Re-installation of TC didn't help. My OS is WinXP. Re-starting of TC always helps, but only for a first connection again.
Clo

Had twice---

Post by *Clo »

2Alexey Lukin
:) Hello !

- I got this once or twice a while ago under XP-Pro (FR), but it disappeared after I put off the PC and rebooted it…
- Please, let's know which type of connection you have, and the settings for your FTP-sites.
• You could display a part or the whole <wcx_ftp.ini> (if not huge) here as "Code", just hide the private info by " *** ", this could help… Thanks !

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This problem happens when the disconnect fails for some reason, so the connection stays open in the background (term_wait state). This can be caused by a firewall blocking the FIN package, or when the server is no longer responding. Windows can take several minutes to wait for such a non-responding server. The only workaround is to close and re-open Total Commander.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Alexey Lukin

Post by *Alexey Lukin »

Ok, thanks for replying, I understand the problem, ghisler.

Clo, I'm PM'ing you my wcx_ftp.ini.
Clo

Chance---

Post by *Clo »

2Alexey Lukin

:) Hello !
- There is no PM here, this is disabled… but I just saw it by chance in my mail-box @ my provider's :D

- Thank you, I'll give a glance as soon as possible.

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials