Problems with Directory HotList

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AJones

Problems with Directory HotList

Post by *AJones »

I continue to have some problems with Directory Hotlist.

Say I want to unpack and copy a RAR file from Right pane to a dir in the left pane. I have created the Dir Hotlists for these directories.
Just before unpacking in the right pane, I switch to the left pane to switch to the correct dir to unpack using Dir Hotlist OR * sign . Then I switch to the right pane, When ever I select a directory through the Dir Hotlist, the Directory in the opposite pane gets changed. So basically I chasing selecting the directories.

How can I fix this.

Thanks,

AJ
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

In the Directory hotlist there are two fields that you can fill in - Command and Target path. "Command" changes the dir in the panel you are currently in, "Target path" in the opposite panel.
So if you want to change the path in the curent panel to c:\windows\, for instance, you have to enter "cd c:\windows" into "Command" and leave "Target path" empty.

BTW: For frequently used directories you can also use "Tabs". Press Ctrl-T for a start and play around. ;)

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

... or if you didn't use the Dir Hotlist configuration window as Hacker here correctly
pointed out, you have probably assigned (ticked) the option "Also save the target dir"
on your saved Dir Hotlist entry with the "weird" behaviour.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

pdavit wrote: (ticked) the option "Also save the target dir"
on your saved Dir Hotlist entry with the "weird" behaviour.
Thus enter the desired Dir again, and [Ctrl]+[d]; [R] ->remove current Dir and again [Ctrl]+[d]; [a] -> Add current dir and prove that the "also save target dir" is unchecked.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
AJones

Thanks

Post by *AJones »

You got that right, I did check save target dir, I deleted the target directory.

Thanks,
AJ
msiivola

Post by *msiivola »

I have begun to lose some item now and then from dir hotlist, happened perhaps 20 times during some last months months. I use dir hotlist massively every day. Someone has a fix?