OT: Uncommented feature requests

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, I'm not using RSS for now. I find it not very useful to have to use two different tools for reading and for replying. The Firefox RSS addons don't seem very useful when I need the browser for other tasks.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
I find it not very useful to have to use two different tools for reading and for replying.
It is certainly more useful than having to read the whole forum each time you visit, thus limiting your visits.
The Firefox RSS addons don't seem very useful when I need the browser for other tasks.
Therefore you should use a standalone reader. As I said, NewzCrawler is very convenient for this. You jump to unread posts by pressing Space, can configure it to open your browser at that post by pressing Enter, so you only have to press Enter and click the quick reply box (or Quote button) to start answering. It cannot be much simpler than that. :)
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Its the same with Thunderbird. You see in the preview window the quote and reply button. If you click on them the standard browser is opened automatically with the 'asnwwering' form.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams