Selections don't last :(

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Thorz

Selections don't last :(

Post by *Thorz »

These are 2 different situations but they are related to the post title:

1. I use to Alt+TAB a lot between TC and Nero while burning to DVD. Normally I select files and dirs in TC and copy them to Nero (Ctrl+C). Sometimes when I change focus to another program with Alt+TAB or a mouse click when I return to TC my selection disappears. This happens often but I cannot reproduce it completely, it is some kind of random.

2. When you use Alt+SHIFT in a list of dirs and organize them by size, if you go to another program and come back to TC your selections are gone (because the size column of the dirs get reset-ed). For avoiding this I use to sort by name before going to another program, but this is bothering because the extra step needed. This one is 100% reproducible.

Could someone check this? It could be really nice if TC could reliably maintain the selections, even if you change focus to another program.

Thanks a lot.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Selections don't last :(

Post by *Sheepdog »

Thorz wrote:1.Sometimes when I change focus to another program with Alt+TAB or a mouse click when I return to TC my selection disappears. This happens often but I cannot reproduce it completely, it is some kind of random.
It is not random. It depends on changes in the displayed dircetory.
Just open the same folder in both panels. Select some files in the left pane. switch to the right pane and use [Shift]+[F5] to copy to the same panel, e.g. test.txt to test1.txt. The selction on the left panel gets lost (and couldn't be restored automatically.
Workaround:
After selection and befor switching to another App use a button with "cm_saveSelection". Then you would be able to restore the selection with [NUM/]
2. When you use Alt+SHIFT in a list of dirs and organize them by size, if you go to another program and come back to TC your selections are gone
That is a known limitation of TC.
You may use as workaround the DirSizeCalc-Plugin of Lefteous although the permanent use of this plugin can slow down TC noticeable.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Thorz

Post by *Thorz »

Thanks for the cm_saveSelection tip. I will do some tests.
Jungle

Post by *Jungle »

2 Mr. Ghisler
Maybe TC should automatically save/restore selection (if any) every time the main window loses/obtains focus (or smth similar)?