[Beta] COMMANDER_PATH is not recognized in dir tree calls

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

[Beta] COMMANDER_PATH is not recognized in dir tree calls

Post by *Flint »

I found that occasionally when installed a plugin via auto-install. TC suggested me the standard path:
%COMMANDER_PATH%\plugins\wcx\Total SQX
On my computer TC is installed into D:\Program Files\TotalCmd\ , but when I pressed the Tree button I got the directory tree for E:\ drive which was opened on inactive TC panel. I think, TC should recognize the %COMMANDER_PATH% variable and show the tree for the appropriate drive.

:!:
BTW, Christian, in 6.54pb3 the bug with detecting the plugins path is still not fixed. I mean this topic:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=74131#74131
Can you tell anything about this problem?
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

For the tree::I will try to change this behaviour in TC 7.0.

The second problem you mention cannot be fixed. TC doesn't remember a base directory separately for each plugin, just for ALL plugin types together. It then searches below that base directory for other wlx plugins when you install a new wlx, and assume that this is the correct location for wlx.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

ghisler(Author)
For the tree::I will try to change this behaviour in TC 7.0.
Ok, thanks.
The second problem you mention cannot be fixed. TC doesn't remember a base directory separately for each plugin, just for ALL plugin types together. It then searches below that base directory for other wlx plugins when you install a new wlx, and assume that this is the correct location for wlx.
Er... It seems that we misunderstood each other. The problem is not in remembering or not remembering folders by TC, but in different behaviour of it in the very similar situations.

Here are the situations:

:arrow:
1. We have TC installed into C:\tc\ folder and have the following wincmd.ini file:
[Configuration]
UseIniInProgramDir=7
pluginbasedir=C:\tc\Plugins
[ListerPlugins]
0=C:\tc\Plugins\Lister Plugins\IEView\ieview.wlx
[PackerPlugins]
sqx=C:\tc\plugins\Packer Plugins\Total SQX\TotalSQX.wcx
[FileSystemPlugins]
Virtual Disks=C:\tc\Plugins\FileSystem Plugins\VirtualDisk\VirtualDisk.wfx
[ContentPlugins]
0=C:\tc\Plugins\Content Plugins\DirSizeCalc\DirSizeCalc.wdx
(all the plugins named here are really installed, and there are no more any plugin files in any subfolder of TC - only the named above ones are present!). Then we start this TC instance and open some plugin archive, e.g. wlx_synplus_2_7_1.rar. TC suggests to install it into
C:\tc\plugins\Lister Plugins\SynPlus

:arrow:
2. Now let's take the very similar configuration file (TC is still in C:\tc\ folder):
[Configuration]
UseIniInProgramDir=7
pluginbasedir=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins
[ListerPlugins]
0=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\Lister Plugins\IEView\ieview.wlx
[PackerPlugins]
sqx=%COMMANDER_PATH%\plugins\Packer Plugins\Total SQX\TotalSQX.wcx
[FileSystemPlugins]
Virtual Disks=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\FileSystem Plugins\VirtualDisk\VirtualDisk.wfx
[ContentPlugins]
0=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\Content Plugins\DirSizeCalc\DirSizeCalc.wdx
Now run TC with this INI file and again, try to go into wlx_synplus_2_7_1.rar archive. And now TC suggests to install the plugin into:
%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wlx\SynPlus

I don't understand why in first situation TC automatically founds that my WLX-plugins are installed into the Lister Plugins subfolder of the Plugins folder, while in the second situation it does not, and suggests the default subfolder name wlx? The only difference of these two situations is that in first one I use absolute paths, and in second one I use %COMMANDER_PATH% - and that's all! All other files and settings are the same. I don't see why this could not be fixed (my supposition is just that TC does not parse %COMMANDER_PATH% when auto-detecting the plugins subfolders).
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Ah, now I understand - I have found the problem (missing replacement of environment variables) and will fix it in TC 6.54 final. Please contact me by e-mail for a test version.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com