Future suggestion: Open button in Search window

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

satyr

Future suggestion: Open button in Search window

Post by *satyr »

Hey all after some time ...

I was thinking the other day; I have one minor future suggestion in regard to Search window (the one opened with "cm_SearchFor (Search for)" command), i.e. an Open button placed for instance just by Drives button or drop-down menu with history of already searched paths, similarly to the one in the Compare Files window (the "cm_CompareFilesByContent (File comparison)" command)

Since at least in my case, it occurs many times that I search file-contents for a particular string, and when I don't find it in a particular directory sub-tree (well, I could use that drop-down menu to search directories up in-the-tree, but not for a completely new one under totally different location), it would really handy to just switch to some other directory without closing the Search window ...

regards, satyr
Here's a link to my personal Tadej's computing homepage website, please check it out if you're interested in my computing-related articles, discoveries, hints, principles, rules etc.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This feature already exists in the upcoming version 7.0, which unfortunately has to wait now until 6.54 is done.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ukrainian7

Post by *ukrainian7 »

While speaking of "Find window" if there is possibility to make Background button on it because some times searching for file/files take a lot of time and TC cannot use while not finish searching.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

ukrainian7,
Search for "search in background" on this forum. ;)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2ukrainian7
This has been discussed before, have a look here.

2Hacker
a bit too fast for me :)
ukrainian7

Post by *ukrainian7 »

Sorry I search if there is such topic but did not found.
10x StickyNomad
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

You're welcome.
satyr

Post by *satyr »

ghisler(Author) wrote:This feature already exists in the upcoming version 7.0, which unfortunately has to wait now until 6.54 is done.
Thanks much ghisler for a quick and unambiguous reply !!

satyr
Here's a link to my personal Tadej's computing homepage website, please check it out if you're interested in my computing-related articles, discoveries, hints, principles, rules etc.