[REQ] file properties

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

[REQ] file properties

Post by *roentgen »

I always wondered why TC uses explorer's file/folder properties and does not have its own dialog/window with stuff like name, size, security, etc.
I know about cm_GetFileSpace and cm_EditPermissionInfo but somehow it seems to me that they have even less functionality than explorer's.
Closely related to this is that there's no way to view/set/unset the compressed attribute on files and folders using TC commands only. For this particular function it's a MUST to use explorer......

Maybe there is something planned for TC7 and if so IMHO it should integrate also those extensions belonging to different programs (like WinRAR's archive page in properties dialog, etc.)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2roentgen666
cm_Properties?
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

:!: that window belongs to explorer... opens so slowly sometimes... and if I wanted that I would've stick up with explorer... etc...
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

that window belongs to explorer...
That's wrong, it has nothing to do with Explorer at all, it's a Windows toy.
opens so slowly sometimes...
Info has to be extracted, this can need time.

Setting attributes will be possible in TC 7 by additions to content plugin interface.

Icfu
This account is for sale
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is mainly done to support context menu shell extensions, which often provide useful tools. For example, I'm using the mp3info extension, which allows to edit mp3 tags via Alt+Enter.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com