[REQ] Change to tab/dir on drag and drop

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

[REQ] Change to tab/dir on drag and drop

Post by *roentgen »

I'm relatively new to this forum (less than 1 year) and my verry fugitive search yealded no results :P so please excuse if this was already discussed. Also please excuse my poor english (I've learned from TV :D)

So here we are... It would be nice with a feature like automaticaly swithing to some tab if drag&drop and holding the mouse above it more than 1 sec... This is so common to some other programs that use tabs.
If I extend this a bit something similar should happen when holding the mouse (with drag&drop of course) above some dir and pressing some hotkey (tab fits fine). That dir should open and let you drop files into some subdir.

And about the tabs... I've noticed they don't support variables. For example the setting in wincmd.ini

Code: Select all

[lefttabs]
0_path=%PERSONAL%
has no effect, it opens something different.
Last edited by roentgen on 2006-02-19, 20:43 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Could you please change the title of the thread to something more descriptive? Like, for instance, "[REQ] Switch to tab on drag and drop".

It would also be better if you used one thread per feature request.

TIA
Hacker (Moderator)
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
D1P

Post by *D1P »

And about the tabs... I've noticed they don't support variables
Yeah! Please, add support for environment variables everywhere, where it is possible!
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

Hacker wrote:Could you please change the title of the thread to something more descriptive?
Done!