Esthetic/Functional improvements

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tetardd

Esthetic/Functional improvements

Post by *tetardd »

Here are two improvements that could be made:

- When calculating the Occupied space of a directory, the process can take a little while during which we don't know if TC is stuck or still calculating. It would be nice to have the result dialog box opening at the start, with a button to allow a Cancel to be done, and maybe 2 labels showing the size count and file count being increased as the calculation proceeds. Then, when the calculation is done, the final display is done, the cancel button is changed to the Close button.
Also, the total size could be displayed as in Properties, i.e. "xxx GB/MB/kB (yyy bytes)".

- Directory tree:
While the tree is being populated, the dialog boxes are all only partially repainted (leaving big ugly white rectangles where some controls should be shown). It would be nice to do a bit of refresh to keep thinks nice looking. But it's not my main point.
The resulting tree is very ugly. It would be nice to have one that looks more like in Windows Explorer, with the possibility to collapse, expand the nodes. Also, it would be nice to be able to do that directory tree for a folder only (showing only its subfolders) as well as for an entire drive.
And why write their name between brackets (is it to show that they are folders?), they are all folders in that tree, as far as I can see.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

#1. Wait for TC 6.50... :)

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2tetardd
Did you know that you can already stop the calculation process by pressing the ESCAPE key?
sybariten

Post by *sybariten »

Lefteous wrote:2tetardd
Did you know that you can already stop the calculation process by pressing the ESCAPE key?
Whoa! thank you, that made my day. The only times i have to close down TC (brutally, through process explorer), is when i've accidently tried to get the size of a whole server or something ..... and i'm unsure whether TC's gonna ride out the storm, or hang.
Now i can cancel that calculation. How nice. :)