Inconvenience with QuickSearch and Shift+Ins

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Jungle

Inconvenience with QuickSearch and Shift+Ins

Post by *Jungle »

Situation. I have filename in the clipboard and i want to quick-find it (move cursor to its position) in a dir with hundreds of files. I thought i could do it by pasting this filename into the QuickSearch edit field, but when i press Shift+Ins the QS dialog closes. When i press Ctrl+V nothing happens.
Win2003 SE, TC 6.53; WinXP SP2, TC 6.54

I know that i can use search, but it's slower. And although i can try using AHK, maybe this shoud be fixed in the future versions?

Thanks.
szlori

Re: Inconvenience with QuickSearch and Shift+Ins

Post by *szlori »

Jungle wrote:... but when i press Shift+Ins the QS dialog closes. When i press Ctrl+V nothing happens.
Indeed, keyboard shortcuts don't work.
However, you can right-click on the Quick-search edit box and select "Paste" from the context menu. Now you have to press Down Arrow and Tada!, there you go.
I know that i can use search, but it's slower. And although i can try using AHK, maybe this shoud be fixed in the future versions?
On the other hand I agree, keyboard shortcut would be nice and also I don't see the necessity why you need to press Down Arrow after you pasted, it should jump to the first accurence right after paste.