[BUG] My symbol icons are fuzzy and unclean in the file list

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

atery

Post by *atery »

Guys, I found the reason -- it is because of a shell replacement program BBlean I am using. I don't know if you've heard of this program, but I really like this one. It is only a windows Explorer replacement (the explorer shell), I don't know why it will affect the icons in TC, and leave explorer and other file manager programs unaffected. :( Maybe just conflict without reason....

So sad can't use both of them in the same time... Do you have any suggestions?

BTW: I found this reason because I quit the BBlean and reload the explorer shell, then the icons became normal in TC.
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Try to change the following setting under "Configuration=>Option=>Display=>Show symbols to the left of the filename."
from "All associated +Exe/LNK (slow, 32-bit only) " to "All"
This will disable the TC support for Shell IconHandlers.
So maybe you can use both programs at the same time. But not on the same place (inside TC).

Kind regards
Holger
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

I'd just gave bbLean a chance and installed verison 116 on my computer. But without any additional work for skinning and plugin installation and configuration, the icons inside TC looks good while bbLean is running.

So, if the above hint doesn' work, try the following:
From the bbLean main menu (right click on desktop) goto "Blackbox->bbLeanSkin->Edit exclusion".
This will open a text editor(excluson.rc). Add "totalcmd.exe" at the end of the exclusion list.

Another possibility may be to temporary deactivate some bbLean - plugins using: "Blackbox->Configuration->Plugins->Load/Unload".

Kind regards
Holger
atery

Post by *atery »

2Holgerk
HolgerK wrote:Try to change the following setting under "Configuration=>Option=>Display=>Show symbols to the left of the filename."
from "All associated +Exe/LNK (slow, 32-bit only) " to "All"
This will disable the TC support for Shell IconHandlers.
So maybe you can use both programs at the same time. But not on the same place (inside TC).
Yes, I've tried that. Problem still exists.

HolgerK wrote:I'd just gave bbLean a chance and installed verison 116 on my computer. But without any additional work for skinning and plugin installation and configuration, the icons inside TC looks good while bbLean is running.

So, if the above hint doesn' work, try the following:
From the bbLean main menu (right click on desktop) goto "Blackbox->bbLeanSkin->Edit exclusion".
This will open a text editor(excluson.rc). Add "totalcmd.exe" at the end of the exclusion list.

Another possibility may be to temporary deactivate some bbLean - plugins using: "Blackbox->Configuration->Plugins->Load/Unload".
Thanks for trying BBlean for me. I just found out what happened in BBlean, if you haven't deleted it yet, you can check it out. The problem is the BBlean style. I use the "Styles->0505 all blue->mourn-blue" style and the icons in TC are fuzzy. If I use the "Styles->0505 all blue->070_blue" (I thinks is what you've tried), the icon became clear. Then I tried changed some parameters of the style, "Blackbox->Edit->Current Style", I found there are some key parameters affect this problem.

Code: Select all

bevelWidth:                   1
borderWidth:                  1
This is the mourn-blue setting, in 070_blue it is

Code: Select all

*borderWidth: 1
*marginWidth: 2
If I change the first bevelWidth or borderWidth into 2, then icons become clear in the "mourn-blue" (but windows boarder become a bit wider :? ). (Click "blackbox-->Reconfigure" to apply the change) If I change the second marginWidth into 1, then the icons in style "070_blue" becomes fuzzy, just like the problem before. So, now I am using a wider frame style, and at the same time looking for some new styles, which will not affect TC.

Only curious about how come these setting only affect TC, not other file managers. :wink: . Maybe summarize this as a BUG :roll: ?