BDS 2006 vs. Drag/Drop

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

BobGo

BDS 2006 vs. Drag/Drop

Post by *BobGo »

Anyone here using Borland Developer Studio? Couldn't make it working with drag drop and TC?!? But was working with BCB5&6.

just found another thread on this issue: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=9285&highlight=borland

Independently of ANSI or Unicode, should it not both support, if one fails? Why does explorer work?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Explorer on WinNT/2000/XP is a Unicode application, since it doesn't need to run on Windows 9x. It seems to send Unicode names, and Windows creates the Ansi names when needed. The other way doesn't seem to be supported by the operating system...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
BobGo

Post by *BobGo »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Explorer on WinNT/2000/XP is a Unicode application, since it doesn't need to run on Windows 9x. It seems to send Unicode names, and Windows creates the Ansi names when needed. The other way doesn't seem to be supported by the operating system...
This is more than bad! The one and only command center does not work for development guys anymore :( Don't know how I'll survive w/o TC...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Btw, I don't understand why Borland uses only Unicode, but don't allow to create Unicode programs with Delphi...
frenky

Post by *frenky »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Btw, I don't understand why Borland uses only Unicode, but don't allow to create Unicode programs with Delphi...
Me too....
CopyCats

Post by *CopyCats »

BobGo wrote:This is more than bad! The one and only command center does not work for development guys anymore :( Don't know how I'll survive w/o TC...
Have you tried launching that application through a batch file - and then creating an icon in the toolbar for that batch file? With some luck Windows will convert the parameters as it passes them to your application.
#5050 :: Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!
yareach

Post by *yareach »

BobGo wrote:
ghisler(Author) wrote:Explorer on WinNT/2000/XP is a Unicode application, since it doesn't need to run on Windows 9x. It seems to send Unicode names, and Windows creates the Ansi names when needed. The other way doesn't seem to be supported by the operating system...
This is more than bad! The one and only command center does not work for development guys anymore :( Don't know how I'll survive w/o TC...
The same way I do not understand why commander doesn't support Unicode. I think that there could simply be a choise if you want or don't want Unicode. I think that the author doesn't know how to implement it and that's the point. If it's targeted at the Windows platform it should be familiar with the Unicode feature.

Dear Mr. Author, what will you recommend to people who use more languages? Not to use diacritics? Even it's incorporated in the system? I think you should take your old school design commander back to DOS. Leave the way free for progress!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The same way I do not understand why commander doesn't support Unicode. I think that there could simply be a choise if you want or don't want Unicode.
Well, it does, but only in some functions, because I have to rewrite a lot of code to support it. This code is then present twice, once for Win2k/XP and once for Win9x/ME...
BobGo

Post by *BobGo »

CopyCats wrote:
BobGo wrote:This is more than bad! The one and only command center does not work for development guys anymore :( Don't know how I'll survive w/o TC...
Have you tried launching that application through a batch file - and then creating an icon in the toolbar for that batch file? With some luck Windows will convert the parameters as it passes them to your application.
Don't know what you mean! I simply want to drag a .CPP/.H/.CS file from TC onto BDS...