Hide cmd window from poping up

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

solid
Power Member
Power Member

Hide cmd window from poping up

Post by *solid »

This is not pure TC, so sorry is someone finds it OT.

I have a few commandline utilities, which do theirs job well. But on every executon (from the toolbar or from batch script) they open the cmd window, which stays open for the time of performing the tasks.

I'm looking for some way to prevent this window from opening. Just need to start this utilities and finish theirs job in inivisibly the background.

I've tried redirecting output with ">>something.txt" as a parameter. All output gets redirected, but cmd window still opens and stays on top empty.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

You can start them with Autohotkey and set their windows to "Hide".
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

You can use my utility GuiBox

in your batch write as the first line
GuiBox /H0

that will hide the console.
You can use this alternative as the first line:

GuiBox /H0 thinger - - "Executing test.bat" 5

This will anounce batch job from the tray and hide console window before that and close after 5 seconds. U have about 100 parameters so you can construct some interfaces directly from command line in order to keep console hidden if you need some simple input/output which is usualy what you will need in batch script

U can download GuiBox on http://www.simtel.net/product.php[id]90498[sekid]0[SiteID]simtel.net

I don't like AHK for console since it is bigger, slower and U have to feed it with script to create GUI contrary to GuiBox with witch you create it directly on command line.

Oh.. yes.. you cant use redirection to hide window.. it will only use another buffer for output. There is no default way in windows to hide console, you have to use 3th party tool. There is only one workaround. U can create lnk to your batch file and edit lnk to say that you want the batch to be run minimised. This will still open the window though, but it is little less anoying.
Habemus majkam!
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

majkinetor ! wrote:You can use my utility GuiBox

in your batch write as the first line
GuiBox /H0

that will hide the console.
Thanks, i'll give it a try.
majkinetor ! wrote:Oh.. yes.. you cant use redirection to hide window.. it will only use another buffer for output. There is no default way in windows to hide console, you have to use 3th party tool.
That's says it all. Thanks