Cannot include specific directories in search

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Garlin007

Cannot include specific directories in search

Post by *Garlin007 »

I have a FrontPage website, and I want to use Search to find, and Synchronize Dirs to compare, only files in the folders under _vti_cnf. (Practically every folder in a FrontPage website has a subfolder called _vti_cnf.)

The TC manual has this documentation:
New: Include/Exclude certain directories in the search. Wildcards can be used in include/exclude directory names, and the names must have a trailing backslash \ .
Examples:
*.ini | windows\ finds all ini files except those in directories called "Windows" and their subdirs.
*.htm? | _vti*\ finds all html files, except in subdirs starting with _vti (used by Frontpage)
windows\ system32\ *.ini finds ini files only in windows\ and system32 dirs
The first form of the command, by the way, works. I can use
*.*|_*\
to find all files except those in folders that start with _.

However, I have tried every which way, including:
_vti_cnf\
_vti_cnf\*
_vti_cnf*\
_vti_cnf\ *.*
and I am unable to find just the files that are in the _vti_cnf folders. Every search except the last one returns no files at all. The last search returns all the files, even those not in _vti_cnf folders.

I am using version TC 6.54a, but I have had this problem in earlier versions, too.
Gary Benjamin
Webmaster
Lotus Blossom Handmade Bath and Body Products
http://www.lblossom.com
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can't do that, because then TC will not search any folders with different names, so it will not even find the folders called _vti_cnf\ !

What you can do is use the 3rd search page, 'plugins', and look for _vti_cnf in the full name (including the path).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com