[Feature Request] Showing a little symbol...

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Xtrician

[Feature Request] Showing a little symbol...

Post by *Xtrician »

Showing a little symbol in the panel if there is a hide files in the current folder.
Sometimes when i hide files i can to forget that i hide them so this feature will be useful for me.
When i hide file in TC its hide in the explorer too.

Its useful for users that using a private files. And not work on TC in display Hide/System files mode.
I know there is a lot of programs that hide some folders, or locked them but i not mean to this.

That little feature will be very useful to everybody and like always its will be optional.

Note:
Adding more little symbol too that say there is a comments on some files in the current folder will be great.

And "Symbols" mean to simple letters like יh' (hide) or 'c' (comment) or 's' (system) files, or just a symbols like: * ^ + . And things like that. But the first option is better. 8)

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
Cya.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [Feature Request] Showing a little symbol...

Post by *Sheepdog »

Xtrician wrote:Showing a little symbol in the panel if there is a hide files in the current folder.
Sometimes when i hide files i can to forget that i hide them so this feature will be useful for me.
You may set a hotkey to cm_SwitchHidSys. Then you can switch the hiden/system files on/off with one keypress (or button or Startmenu entry).
[qoute]When i hide file in TC its hide in the explorer too.[/quote]

You are wrong. There separate settings for this in Explorer and TC.

In Explorer it is (I have to translate the german terms so they may differ)

Extra->Folder Options: Tab "View"

There is a Category "Files and Folders". In there are two relevant entries:

1. Protected Systemfiles hide (recommended) - That should be unchecked to show systenfiles
2. Show Content of Systemfolders - That should be checked
3. Hide extensions for known file types - that should also be unchecked

That little feature will be very useful to everybody and like always its will be optional.
You may use as workaround put a little Icon each and everywhere on your HD and set it /system/hidden. If TC does not show the hidden files you would not see this icon. But if show Hidden/system is on you will see that immedately because everywhere is this Icon displayed.

Of course I'm not against a way to indicate if "show hidden/system" is indicated. But I think it's not that useful and necessary.
Note:
Adding more little symbol too that say there is a comments on some files in the current folder will be great.
You can do that already by

Configuration->Options-Color: Define colors by filetype...
Add

in the "Specify filetype" box write 'comment and press 'define'.

In the search dialog open the plugins-Tab and insert

Code: Select all

Plugin:tc
Property:comment
OP:!=
Value:                 (leave empty)
like you can see in the Picture

Hope that helps

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Xtrician

Post by *Xtrician »

2Sheepdog
Thank you i think the most thing useful for me is the shourtcut that switch between hide/system files to normal mode.

Thanks.
Elad