zip & PDF crc errors with Windows 2003 Server SP1

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

patwhelan

zip & PDF crc errors with Windows 2003 Server SP1

Post by *patwhelan »

Hi All,

I have an issues when using Total Commander (any version) with Win2K3 server sp1. As soon as I load sp1 on the server, files zipped by total commander become corrupt giving a crc error on the server along with PDF's copied with total commander. If I use the "windows function keys" CTRL C & CTRL V etc.. they are fine. Once I remove sp1 all is fine again. Has anyone else seen this? Any help would be very greatfull.

Cheers,

Pat...
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

I`v used TC with Win2K3 server sp1. (32bit version). It worked
fine. 2 conditions were different from yours. 1st- SP1 was integrated in distributive. 2nd- Win2K3 server did used as a workstation,so system cache was small,and most memory was allocated for user applications. HDD- ATA66
patwhelan

Thanks

Post by *patwhelan »

The server in question is a Dell PowerEdge 2600 with 3TB capacity and 3GB RAM and on a gigabit network and is purely a filesever and the overheads aren't really high. The only thing I notice is the the amount of page faults increase when Total Commander is user. But I take your suggestion and may reinstall the OS with with an intergrated SP1 CD.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Total Commander uses a simple ReadFile/WriteFile loop by default, which should not cause any problems with normal drivers. I haven't had any similar reports so far, so it's difficult to say what the problem is. Maybe some custom device driver isn't compatible with SP1.

Try using compatibility mode for copying. This uses the Windows function CopyFileEx, which should always work because it's part of Windows.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com