Feature Request: change function of cm_list

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Gooberslot

Feature Request: change function of cm_list

Post by *Gooberslot »

Currently, if you use the cm_list command and you have an external viewer set as the default TC will open the file in the external viewer. I would like that to be changed or for a new command to be added to open files in the internal viewer. Before someone brings it up, I do realize there already is a command to open files in the internal viewer (cm_listinternalonly) but it does so without any plugins and I need it to open the file with plugins active.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Feature Request: change function of cm_list

Post by *Sheepdog »

Gooberslot wrote:Currently, if you use the cm_list command and you have an external viewer set as the default TC will open the file in the external viewer. I would like that to be changed or for a new command to be added to open files in the internal viewer.
The cm_list command reacts like the usual [F3] hotkey to modifiers [shift] and [alt].

So depending on what you set up in Configuration->Options->Edit/view

you can with F3 / shift+F3 /Alt+ F3 open
1. the file under cursor with Lister
2. the selected files with Lister
3. the file with external viewer.

Those settings work also for a button/ Startmenu entry with cm_list

Before someone brings it up, I do realize there already is a command to open files in the internal viewer (cm_listinternalonly) but it does so without any plugins and I need it to open the file with plugins active.
I think you got something wrong. This command is indeed added only to be able to list a file without plugins.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams