Problems with file & folder names in hebrew

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Preacher_mg

Problems with file & folder names in hebrew

Post by *Preacher_mg »

I'm a israely user and I found a problem with TC: hebrew folder names are not supported. I can't rename, create, delete or access any folder with hebrew characters in it. I don't know whether it's just hebrew or other languages, maybe it's BiDi related.

File names are somewhat better: it is possible to name, rename and copy or move them. They cannot always be dragged to an open application or double cliked to run them in their respective editors. Some formats like word have no problem, while PSD files or other graphic format that open in Photoshop or Irfan view can't be opened this way.

Now I think there maybe some system setting I should change to fix this. I'm not sure it's TC's fault. Maybe something to do with compatability, regional settings, etc. Is there such a thing? or is this a TC bug?

Michael
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2Preacher_mg
In the control panel, regional settings, there is an option for non-unicode programs. It needs to be set to Hebrew as the default non-unicode language, otherwise several functions in TC cannot work.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com