CDRom & copying files

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

m5000

CDRom & copying files

Post by *m5000 »

I have this problem:

it happens when i try to copy files that have almost exactly the same name but differ at the end, e.g archived files such as

my_photos.part01
my_photos.part02
my_photos.part03 ... etc

it sometimes happens that when i put in a cd with e.g. my_photos.part01 , copy, take it out, and put in another one with e.g. my photos.part02, TC doesn't seem to notice that it is a different file, and treats it as if it was still my_photos.part01, TC doesn't notice a different number at the end
maybe because the names are almost identical, who knows... :)

to deal with it, i have to take out the cd, close the cd burner, press the TC CD button, then TC informs me that there is no CD in the CD burner, and then I have to put in another CD, and only then TC will notice that there is a different file inside

anyone has come across something similar, perhaps there is a way out of it?

regards
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sounds like a problem with the auto insert notification. If you turn off disk change detection in the device manager, Windows will not recognize that the disk was exchanged. You should turn this on and turn off autorun via TweakUI instead. This way, Windows can still detect the change, but will not auto-run programs from CD.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
m5000

Post by *m5000 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Sounds like a problem with the auto insert notification. If you turn off disk change detection in the device manager, Windows will not recognize that the disk was exchanged. You should turn this on and turn off autorun via TweakUI instead. This way, Windows can still detect the change, but will not auto-run programs from CD.

ok, it seems to have been the auto-insert notification problem, i've fixed it with tweakui and it is ok now

thanks