%COMMANDER_PATH% absent on installing a newer plugin version

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

%COMMANDER_PATH% absent on installing a newer plugin version

Post by *Flint »

I have the INI setting PluginBaseDir=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins; all my plugins are installed in the following folders (depending of the type):
%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\Content Plugins\
%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\FileSystem Plugins\
%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\Lister Plugins\
%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\Packer Plugins\
And all the paths in wincmd.ini are written using %COMMANDER_PATH% variable (my TC is installed into C:\Program Files\TotalCmd\ folder).

However, when I install a newer version of an already installed plugin, I've got the following question:

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Imagine.wlx
A plugin with this name is already installed in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\TotalCmd\Plugins\Lister Plugins\Imagine\

Do you want to overwrite it?
Choose 'No' to select a different location.
Yes   No   Cancel   
So, you can see that TC allows to install the plugin in the correct folder, but written without the %COMMANDER_PATH% variable. This is inconvenient, because in wincmd.ini file the path to the plugin also becomes written without this variable.

PS: I'm using TC 6.55pb2 on WinXP SP2.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

I can't confirm that it changes anything in wincmd.ini. The only thing - the corresponding wincmd.ini section moves to the end, but %COMMANDER_PATH% is still there unchanged. You can see this right after the plugin gets installed: TC pops up a dialog.
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

XPEHOPE3KA
You can see this right after the plugin gets installed: TC pops up a dialog.
This was exaclty what I meant: in this very dialog the path was already without the %COMMANDER_PATH% variable.

But strangely, I cannot reproduce the problem by myself now... Now it still shows the path without this variable in the confirmation dialog, but in wincmd.ini the variable remains. Very strange...

PS: I'll try to reproduce it at my home computer; if I'm not mistaken, I found it there, but decided to report only now, from my work.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It shouldn't replace the variable by the full path when saving the plugin settings, just in the displayed dialog. Please let me know if you find a way to get such an unwanted behaviour.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this problem any more. :( I tried different TC versions with different types of plugins, but the only problem I noticed is that installing some of the plugin shows the full path, while installing the others shows the %COMMANDER_PATH% variable in the confirmation dialog (I could not find any criterium for distinguishing them, it definitely not the type of the plugin as even different plugins of one type may behave different). But in both cases the record in wincmd.ini remains correct, with the %COMMANDER_PATH% variable.

Sorry for my post, I should have checked this once more before posting... :oops: