Word wrap in TC filelist.

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

krojc

Word wrap in TC filelist.

Post by *krojc »

Is this possible to wrap filenames to more than one line? It would be great if I could see whole filename wraped to more than one line. Optionalof course...
Last edited by krojc on 2011-02-15, 23:02 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

No, it is not possible, but you can get a tooltip when howering the mouse pointer over the filename (in full view): Options/Display/Help texts/Show filename in file list as tooltip if truncated.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Clo

Display-duration

Post by *Clo »

2SanskritFritz

:D   Hello!
• A bit beside the subject (though...), I didn't found a mean to increase the display duration for text-balloons...
• It seems that it's defined by Windows, but where???
• Only the delay to display the balloon is adjustable in TC, the font too - different than in Win Appearace settings -but not the duration...
:mrgreen: KR
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
krojc

Post by *krojc »

It's rather inconvenient clicking on every single file just to see its filename (or hovering mouse over it for the tooltip to appear). When working with lots of files with long, long filenames it would be much easiey if filename could be wrapped and one could see full list with full filenames.

That one draws one more problem/solution pair. If line hight in L and R pannel don't match each other, coloring of every second line is a must and filetype icon must be vertically centred.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

It's rather inconvenient clicking on every single file just to see its filename (or hovering mouse over it for the tooltip to appear).
I think the only solution now is to make a list of filenames and open it with Lister.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Aezay

Post by *Aezay »

Why not adjust the width of the separator?
Of all the planets I've been to, this one is my favorite.
Clo

Not enough?

Post by *Clo »

2Aezay
Why not adjust the width of the separator?
:D   Hi!
• Right, but maybe isnt't enough in some cases? Elsewhere I saw: to use the superposed windows, instead the classic layout... ? Not very handy, I guess...

• But yet, on the Desktop, Windows wraps the icons-captions! Hence, it could be possible! I would be interested in that too, for other uses...

:mrgreen:  KR
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
krojc

Post by *krojc »

2SanskritFritz
Agree, but I can not manipulate with files in lister...

2Aezay
There are limits o everything, even resizing... :)

Everything depends on what you do. I rarely change default setting, because I do mostly "basic" operations with all sorts of filenames. Where they come from I don't even wanna mention. Those basic operations + Ctrl+M in 90% do the trick, except for those really long ones...