New SFTP plugin available now

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Re: New SFTP plugin available now

Post by *JOUBE »

User and Group. Nice.

Beta:
- Attribs (<fs>.permissions) are not okay (files are always shown as links: 'Lnnn')
- The original Attribs (tc.Attributstr) of the SFTP-Plugins are not shown (alway shown as '----')

Additional:
Not very usefull implemented is the option "Switch to this view when entering plugin" within the Configuration of the Custom Column for the SFTP-Plugin. When entering the FileSystem-Plugin itself, it is not usefull to enable the Custom Column. But only after starting a connection within the plugin.

Joube
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

JOUBE wrote: 2023-08-19, 06:25 UTCNot very usefull implemented is the option "Switch to this view when entering plugin" within the Configuration of the Custom Column for the SFTP-Plugin. When entering the FileSystem-Plugin itself, it is not usefull to enable the Custom Column. But only after starting a connection within the plugin.
While you may be right, this feature isn't implemented by the plugin but by TC. TC just checks if a WFX plugin supports custom columns and if so, all custom columns features are made available in TC. In short, it's not possible to switch to custom columns later when a connection is established.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
CoolWater
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *CoolWater »

JOUBE wrote: 2023-08-19, 06:25 UTCUser and Group. Nice.

Beta:
- Attribs (<fs>.permissions) are not okay (files are always shown as links: 'Lnnn')
- The original Attribs (tc.Attributstr) of the SFTP-Plugins are not shown (alway shown as '----')

Joube
Cannot confirm that giles are always shown as links. Please post the log file with debug enabled to see ls output. Are the permissions correct when using full view?

tc.Attributstr is not supported for filesystem plugins. Therefore I implemented the permissions into the plugin.
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

Dalai wrote: 2023-08-19, 12:49 UTCWhile you may be right, this feature isn't implemented by the plugin but by TC.
What - do you think - means the text "Additional" in my posting. So this part of my text goes to ghisler(author) and nobody else.

And: I _am_ right with this.(And not only 'may be ...')

Joube
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2JOUBE
Well, then make a suggestion to change or expand the WFX plugin interface - one that works and makes sense not just for this plugin but for all of them.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

My text above in all parts goes to ghisler(author) as the developer of the plugin.
CoolWater wrote: 2023-08-19, 13:38 UTC Cannot confirm that giles are always shown as links. Please post the log file with debug enabled to see ls output.
See my log in this thread: viewtopic.php?p=438365#p438365
CoolWater wrote: 2023-08-19, 13:38 UTC Are the permissions correct when using full view?
What? Please explain.
CoolWater wrote: 2023-08-19, 13:38 UTC tc.Attributstr is not supported for filesystem plugins. Therefore I implemented the permissions into the plugin.
Especialy this part of my posting goes to ghisler(autor) to externd the Plugin in this part.

Joube
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

Dalai wrote: 2023-08-19, 14:24 UTC 2JOUBE
Well, then make a suggestion to change or expand the WFX plugin interface - one that works and makes sense not just for this plugin but for all of them.
Pole pole. One step after the other...
CoolWater
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *CoolWater »

JOUBE wrote: 2023-08-19, 14:29 UTC My text above in all parts goes to ghisler(author) as the developer of the plugin.
CoolWater wrote: 2023-08-19, 13:38 UTC Cannot confirm that giles are always shown as links. Please post the log file with debug enabled to see ls output.
See my log in this thread: viewtopic.php?p=438365#p438365
CoolWater wrote: 2023-08-19, 13:38 UTC Are the permissions correct when using full view?
What? Please explain.
CoolWater wrote: 2023-08-19, 13:38 UTC tc.Attributstr is not supported for filesystem plugins. Therefore I implemented the permissions into the plugin.
Especialy this part of my posting goes to ghisler(autor) to externd the Plugin in this part.

Joube
What does TC show in the "attrib" column when using full view ("lang" in german) instead of custom column view?

I also don't understand why TC doesn't support the tc.Attributstr in filesystem plugins since the information is or can be provided AND TC offers it in custom column view config...
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

CoolWater wrote: 2023-08-20, 22:37 UTC What does TC show in the "attrib" column when using full view ("lang" in german) instead of custom column view?
If you open a SFTP connection in one panel with the SFTP plugin original long view, and within the other panel with a custom view with a column with [=<fs>.permissions], you will see the difference. (wrong: L755, right: -755 (if it is no link))

Please show -000 instead of -??? (like SFTP plugin shows it and also the ls -la: --- ) This means: - eq 0
CoolWater wrote: 2023-08-20, 22:37 UTCI also don't understand why TC doesn't support the tc.Attributstr in filesystem plugins since the information is or can be provided AND TC offers it in custom column view config...
This question goes to ghisler(author). But may be the reason is, that the Attr. in SFTP plugin original long view is not the tc.Attributstr but a hardcoded special string for this plugin only, which may be copied to the tc.Attributstr of that panel while showing the SFTP plugin within that panel.

Joube
Last edited by JOUBE on 2023-08-21, 10:31 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-08-18, 12:46 UTC What's new?
Forum user CoolWater has developed code to show user, group and permissions as custom columns. Many thanks to him!

Please try it!
A question about that: the rest of the plugin is unchanged, so I can use it without hesitation? A parallel installation of the TC with and only for this beta plugin is not possible here.
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-08-18, 12:46 UTCPlease try it!
2ghisler(author)
Honestly, I don't like this extension of the plugin at all in this way.

- There are now problems with things that have been done for a long time (Attr.), that were never an issue
- When switching to the custom column while already logged in, then nothing is displayed for User and Group, instead you have to reread (via Ctrl+R or change directory).

I suggest that User and Group just become part of the normal display 'long' of the SFTP plugin. There is no Unix-like system, including HP, Solaris, etc., that does not always supply users and groups at the same place in the string via SFTP or SCP in conjunction with the ls -la command (including Dropbear). This applies in particular to Windows systems with OpenSSH, which supply a '-' in the appropriate places.

So my suggestion: Please simply integrate the user and group into the normal 'long' display. and remove the other, which - additional - seams to my make the plugin a bit slower (of a already slow plugin).

Joube
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You don't need to use it if you don't like it.
There are now problems with things that have been done for a long time (Attr.), that were never an issue
Don't use tc.attributestr, this is for FAT/NTFS attributes. Instead, use the permissions column.
When switching to the custom column while already logged in, then nothing is displayed for User and Group, instead you have to reread (via Ctrl+R or change directory).
I cannot reproduce that.
I suggest that User and Group just become part of the normal display 'long' of the SFTP plugin.
There are no columns in long view for that. When defining a custom columns view, you can check a checkbox "Switch to this view when entering plugin" to automatically view the extra columns. Just add a size and date column too!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-08-22, 08:50 UTC
You don't need to use it if you don't like it.
;-) I think you know it: Everybody needs/has to see group and user within SFTP-Plugin, because it's part of sftp protocol and - if scp - part of ls -la.

There are now problems with things that have been done for a long time (Attr.), that were never an issue
Don't use tc.attributestr, this is for FAT/NTFS attributes. Instead, use the permissions column.
? I'm writing about the new <fs>.permissions, nothing else...

When switching to the custom column while already logged in, then nothing is displayed for User and Group, instead you have to reread (via Ctrl+R or change directory).
I cannot reproduce that.
Realy? Than you don't have tested it. Try this: Start a sftp connection in short view, after it is established, switch to a SFTP specific self configuered long view with <fs>.username <fs>.groupname in it: Result columns user and group are empty, until you use Ctrl+R or change directory.
I suggest that User and Group just become part of the normal display 'long' of the SFTP plugin.
There are no columns in long view for that. When defining a custom columns view, you can check a checkbox "Switch to this view when entering plugin" to automatically view the extra columns. Just add a size and date column too!
Okay, then please fix <fs>.permissions. It's your plugin.

Joube
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try this: Start a sftp connection in short view, after it is established, switch to a SFTP specific self configuered long view with <fs>.username <fs>.groupname in it
Just tried it, it works just fine here, the columns do show up.
What's wrong, it shows e.g. -644 here as it should.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-08-23, 09:14 UTC
Try this: Start a sftp connection in short view, after it is established, switch to a SFTP specific self configuered long view with <fs>.username <fs>.groupname in it
Just tried it, it works just fine here, the columns do show up.
I will test it again. Edit: My mistake, it works.
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-08-23, 09:14 UTC
What's wrong, it shows e.g. -644 here as it should.
For _all_ files (not only links) it shows an 'L' : L644 (on debian, fedora, no other distributions tested for now)
And for files with -000 (ls -la: ----) it shows -??? (in this case without leading 'L')

Edit: without trailing 'L' -> without leading 'L'
Last edited by JOUBE on 2023-08-24, 10:01 UTC, edited 1 time in total.