Bugs in multi rename tool with inputting korean chars

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I'm using my own modifications in Delphi 2 to support Unicode controls.

Did you find out why Lazarus has the problem? If yes, and you find a fix, I can use the same fix also for Delphi 2.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Did you find out why Lazarus has the problem? If yes, and you find a fix, I can use the same fix also for Delphi 2.
No, no idea why Lazarus has problems specifically related to the Win8 IME.

I have the intention to write up and file a Lazarus bug report when i have time, probably during the coming weekend. Additionally to the issue found out by sheppaul, it will also contain a report about a related issue i experienced during my quick test where the text input field of Lazarus' TComboBox duplicates a syllable under certain conditions when using the Korean IME.

If the Lazarus developers fix the issue (i can't predict if and when this would happen, as i am not using Pascal and am not involved in the Lazarus community), my hope is that the respective code changes can be looked up in the Lazarus code repository and applied in a similar manner to your Delphi 2 builds.