TC unicode conversion - status update

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Oversky's solution is the only possible with TC 7.0x. Only Unicode support (as in TC 7.5) will be able to avoid this problem.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
KTamas

Post by *KTamas »

ghisler(Author) wrote:FTP: UTF-8 is supported now, but has to be activated manually. I plan to add a user interface for it.
activated manually...where? It'd help tremendously as our FTP server is Filezilla.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This was refering to TC 7.5 pre-beta at the time I was writing it. In the meantime, I have even added a user interface for it.
It'd help tremendously as our FTP server is Filezilla.
There is a simple solution for Filezilla: Put this in the "send commands" field of the connection:
OPTS UTF8 OFF
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
KTamas

Post by *KTamas »

ghisler(Author) wrote:This was refering to TC 7.5 pre-beta at the time I was writing it. In the meantime, I have even added a user interface for it.
It'd help tremendously as our FTP server is Filezilla.
There is a simple solution for Filezilla: Put this in the "send commands" field of the connection:
OPTS UTF8 OFF
Wonderful, thanks!
bsh

Post by *bsh »

Christian,
i was wondering about the saem as ktamas, i don't see any option for utf8 and tc doesn't seem to support it... not even with opts utf8 on.
my servers are vsftpd, they do support utf8 (they also report this feature correctly back to the clients), but tc just doesn't handle this.
i have tested with fireftp, filezilla, and with firefox too, all is well, except for tc.
(the funny thing about this is i was having hard times making my servers utf8 compatible, but i was using tc for testing and nothing i set up seemed to work, i was pulling my hair out, and at the end it turned out it is already working fine, it's just tc which i used for testing, that doesn't handle this at all.)
could you please do something to make it work or help me to get this working with tc?
thanks!
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2bsh
TC 7.5 will have Unicode support. It is in "private beta" stage so please be patient.

According to Christian's words you can expect public beta at the beginning of this year but exact date is yet unknown.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

bsh

Post by *bsh »

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:29 pm
ghisler(Author) wrote:In the meantime, I have converted also the following functions to Unicode:
(...)
- FTP (user can choose any encoding he likes, including UTF8)
(...)
ok, thanks! but the above was posted over a year ago, so i thought it is already in the available version.
i'll be patient and i'll wait for this release! i hope it comes soon, because i don't want to use external ftp clients, if tc already has one built-in :)