FavMenu 2.0

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

No, I don't now, but I plan to return it back.
Habemus majkam!
Minchen

Post by *Minchen »

Maybe - just a thought - it's possible to split your todo-list in several parts. I mean that possibly other developers could program parts of FavMenu.
eg: hotspots, common dialogs (for icons)...

I know that FavMenu is your baby :D. I only made this suggestion because I think you should also have a life beside FavMenu - the users new version of FavMenu. :oops:

What do you - and others - think?
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

I don't mind, but who are "the others" ? I can easily formulate what have to be done if ppl are interested.

However, most of the things I added in Favmenu don't exist at enitre AHK forum. This is the first menu with icons on AHK, this is the first script able to get & set Windows Explorer path without using clipboard, etc.... don't think I didn't snoop around.

OFC, supportive tools, like icon dialog can always be done, but there are not much of those in FM. For instance, one thing that can be done is somebody do the Add current app - basicly the one needs to do the script to get the path of the application that is behind the mouse cursor.

That said, I don't think that anybody would join developing.

Well, Michen, I see you inpatiance, but FM3 is working good now, and before a month or so you didn't even have it in plan so....
Habemus majkam!
Minchen

Post by *Minchen »

I know sometimes I'm really annoying with my impatience especially when I see something really good. I tried PStart - I told earlier. That's pretty good - but FavMenu has many more functionality and integrates TC. Also I like the "direct way" to the developer.
Please forgive me my impatience.

-----
The "others": Me - maybe.

I have following structure on a USB-drive:
- 000\AutoHotkey
- 000\FavMenu
- 000\TrueCrypt (www.truecrypt.org)

I have all my needed programs (eMail-Client, TC, Firefox, KeyNote, and many more) in a TrueCrypt-container-file (password-protected).
I start/mount the container-file with a FavMenu-entry. The new drive is W:\

So, I load FavMenu, but it searched TC and failed, of course. Now I have set a CheckBox in FavMenu-Setup dialog - "Check TC at startup". This means: should FavMenu check if the TC-file exists or not.
I don't know if I have made clear what I mean. Sorry, English isn't my mother language.
----------------
It is possible to send you the code to integrate it in your version? Do you think this option make sense?

-------------------
I also want to have look at the "hotspots" - with your agreement, of course.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

I tried PStart -
PStart is launcher. FM3 is sytem thing.

The "others": Me - maybe.
I don't have anything against that if you would like to join. Contrary. You will have to leave me some IM so we can chat, or we can setup FM3 devel forum. I am not sure in what direction to develop FM further. That is 1 of the reasons for current delay in developement, and some raal life exames I have for my job.
"Check TC at startup".
Its a good idea. Option is not required as you can use FM without "activating" file manager scenario. If you do so, however, it can just report that there is no any, or that currently set is absent.

BTW, how fast is TrueCyrpt ?
Habemus majkam!
Minchen

Post by *Minchen »

Thanks a lot for your fast reply.

----------------------------
I don't have anything against that if you would like to join. Contrary. You will have to leave me some IM so we can chat, or we can setup FM3 devel forum. I am not sure in what direction to develop FM further. That is 1 of the reasons for current delay in developement, and some raal life exames I have for my job.
My ICQ#: 206492143
I'm also interested in a FM3 develop forum. Maybe there are also any other users which want to help you - and FM.
Zitat:
"Check TC at startup".
Its a good idea. Option is not required as you can use FM without "activating" file manager scenario. If you do so, however, it can just report that there is no any, or that currently set is absent.
I'm interested in "it can just report that there is no any, or that currently set is absent".
Where can I set this? I only want an activated TC in FM, but on start of FM TC isn't to find...
BTW, how fast is TrueCyrpt ?
On work I'm using a new Dual-Core (2GB Ram) and about 10 other programs like TC, Mail, doOrganizer, 2 Visual Studio 2005, UltraEdit,... are running. The speed of the programs running in the container-file of TrueCrypt is really fast. I have to say that I use the container file on a USB-drive (external harddisk). I think you would be faster if you have the container-file on your internal disk. My container-file is about 2GB and on my USB-drive is also the container-file of my wife with also about 2GB (Firefox and Thunderbird). My wife uses her container-file over network...
I think TrueCrypt is really fast.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

My ICQ#:
I will contact you as soon as i find time.
I'm also interested in a FM3 develop forum
I was planning the site and the forum for FM3 final release.
Where can I set this? I only want an activated TC in FM, but on start of FM TC isn't to find...
You have to tweak Favmenu_CheckConfig function. This is done on FM startup

Code: Select all

;initialise
	if ( ! FavMenu_GetConfigData() )
		Setup_Create()
	else
		FavMenu_CheckConfigData()

Code: Select all

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Check if required config enteries are there.
;
FavMenu_CheckConfigData(){
	local reset

if (! FileExist(FavMenu_fmExe) ) 
	{
		MsgBox Total Commander not found.`nClick OK for Setup.
		reset := true
	}

if ( !reset && !FileExist(FavMenu_fmIni)  ) 
	{
		MsgBox INI not found.`nClick OK for Setup.
		reset := true
	}

if (reset)
	{
		Setup_Create()
	}
}
Notice that "fm" in names like fmINI or fmExe is for FileManger not FavMenu as FM3 supports/can support other file managers then TC. Currently Explorer is only other option.
Habemus majkam!
Minchen

Post by *Minchen »

Now I can send you the modified files (Option: Check existence of file manager at startup).
Do you have an email?
GammelBert

Post by *GammelBert »

executable submenu items in FM 3 are only executed on right mouse click, not on left mouse click. Is it supposed to be that way? It seems inconsistent to me.

Regards
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

executable submenu items in FM 3 are only executed on right mouse click, not on left mouse click.
It is supposed to be that way. How do you think that user would open the submenu with the mouse otherwise. Alterntaively you can use keyboard, press Backspace while in submenu.

Except if you by "executable submenu items" you mean about items IN the submenu, not the submenu command itself in which case it is an bug, but I very much doubt that is possible.

2 Michen
I don't want to provide the option for that. Like i told you, it don't have to be done that way. FM3 will run without File Manager defined in setup, but when situation comes to run the FM it will say there is no any, for instance if you call FM on desktop. This way you don't have to set anything, as missing File Manager can be seen as setting.
Habemus majkam!
Minchen

Post by *Minchen »

2 majkinetor !
It was just a thought, because I open FavMenu and then mount TrueCrypt-container (FavMenu entry) with TC inside...
I'm getting always the setup dialog (path to TC not found).

Keep your excellent development running. I like - no - I love - FavMenu. It's really nonrecurring. Thanks.
Minchen

Post by *Minchen »

2 majkinetor !
Did you test TrueCrypt?
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Well, I am not so paranoid man, and usualy don't have things to hide. But sometimes situation require some hiding so I will definitely try TrueCrypt when time comes.
It was just a thought, because I open FavMenu and then mount TrueCrypt-container (FavMenu entry) with TC inside...|
Whit my approach this will work, so you don't need separate setup option for that and future version will probably be compatibile with your TrueCrypt setup. As your first used item will be TrueCrypt launcher, you will not have situation to run TC. After TrueCrypt is launched TC will be mapped to file system again (If I understood you correctly) and afterwards path in the Config.ini will be valid, so FM3 will work always.
Keep your excellent development running. I like - no - I love - FavMenu. It's really nonrecurring. Thanks.
There will be slight pause in developing of FM3. Next version will probably be first public beta as alpha 13 works very good. I have to fix some problems with MMenu as I officialy launched it on AHK forum and have new testeres doing hard core things with it. As MMenu is vital part of FM3 I want to make it stable first.

Thx, your suggestions are always welcome.
Habemus majkam!
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

Hi.
It's strange but Avast Antivirus started see Editor.exe as trojan horse ;)
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Yeah...its a horse. ;)
Habemus majkam!