[REQ] FileSystem Plugin for Sony Ericsoon P800

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ByteNick

[REQ] FileSystem Plugin for Sony Ericsoon P800

Post by *ByteNick »

I would really, really like to have a FileSystem Plugin in TC to be able to manage the files in my SE P800 phone/PDA.

It should be possible, since there is an application called File Manager released by EpocWare (www.epocware.com). Moreover, this app is able to do the job for any Symbian based phone/PDA, incl. Nokia's Communicator and 7650 phones.

Just imagine how nice it would be to be able to view on your PC the photos you have made using your phone/PDA directly from the TC!

Thanks, and please let me know if I can help in any way!

Cheers,
ByteNick
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I just wrote a plugin myself to access Palm devices via Serial port and USB. I could do this because the interface is well documented. If you have any interface documentation for your phone, I may be able to adapt my plugin. How do you connect the phone to your PC? Via serial port?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ByteNick

Post by *ByteNick »

Hi Christian,

The device is connected mainly via USB, but other types of interfaces are possible: serial, infrared, bluetooth.

Should be quite similar to a Palm, since it seems that Palm software developers are quite the same as the ones for the Symbian platform.

To make a PC - Phone connection the software suite that comes with the phone installs a package called mRouter produced by Intuwave Ltd. that is in fact in charge with the connection between the phone and the PC.

More information about it can be found at http://www.intuwave.com/index.php4?page=m_router[url]. Moreover, it seems they are developing the interface for ALL Symbian based handsets, incl. Sony-Eri ... formation.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
katatonic

Post by *katatonic »

I vote with two hands for this request. :D
I have a Nokia 3650 and use Bluetooth for transfers. The Epocware file manager does the job, and Nokia PC Suite also has file transfer functionality, but both are so much different than using the so-familiar, so soothing and relaxing environment of Total Commander... :)

Since the bluetooth connectivity is based upon open standarts and lots of people have bluetooth-enabled devices (Nokia, SE, Siemens, etc.) I think this might be a very popular and useful plugin.
Henri31

Post by *Henri31 »

Hi,

I need the PlugIn for the SonyEricsson P800/P900 PlugIn.

Regards Henri31