[BUG] 4GB file size display problem

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Crni

[BUG] 4GB file size display problem

Post by *Crni »

I used search and didn't find anything about this, so I guess it's the new detected bug.

I discovered it accidently by creating multipart RAR archive splitting it to 4GB parts so that they can be copied to FAT32 partitions and found that TC doesn't display the file size at all :(

I'm using Full View and instead of showing that the files xxx.rar, xxx.r00 etc. are of 4GB-1B (4.294.967.295 Bytes exactly) size, it shows only a single questionmark. When selected TC shows something like "0 k / xx.xxx.xxx k in 1 / xxx files, 0 / xx dir(s)" at the bottom of the left/right pane.

The "Calculate Occupied Space.." option works fine and shows the correct file size. Then I tried the "Synchronize Dirs..." command and it works fine too showing the correct file sizes. Everything else works without any problems (Copy/Move...), so I'm guessing it's something stupid, but could be anoying for somebody :)

Then I searched for some other big files and found the bigest one, but there was no problem. It's file size is 3.94GB (4.233.252.717 Bytes exactly). I hope this will help you locating the problem...
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Crni,
I used search and didn't find anything about this, so I guess it's the new detected bug.
Strange, I searched for "4GB" and the third thread found was [BUG]'?' sign instead of specific file size. ;)

It is a known "misbehavior". :)

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Crni

Post by *Crni »

Please except my apologies and delete this...

As said before, I discovered it accidently an hour ago while testing v6.54a. As I didn't know for that I tried to find the answer, but obviously I used the wrong keywords :(
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

No hard feelings. :)
I had the advantage of knowing what to look for. ;)

Don't let that stop you from reporting other bugs.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.