Copy to clipboard while in thumbnail mode.

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bl00dlust

Copy to clipboard while in thumbnail mode.

Post by *bl00dlust »

I have a random problem that occurs when I'm in thumbnail mode.

When I CTRL+SHFT+Enter to get the full file/folder name in the command line of TC then I want to copy or even cut it to the clipboard it usaully does not copy/cut it, (however the cut removes it from the command line).

However if I take it out of thumbnail mode it works with no problems.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

That is because you are using IrfanView or XnView to extract the thumbnails. TC asks IV/XnV for the thumbnail for each file and IV/XnV sends the thumbnail through the clipboard, TC gets it from there and shows it in the filelist. That's why the filename you copy to the clipboard gets overwritten.

I don't know of any workaround except either disabling thumbnail extraction through IV/XnV, or setting PreloadThumbnails=0 and waiting till all thumbnails are shown, before copying a name to the clipboard.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
bl00dlust

Post by *bl00dlust »

Allready tried the waiting for the entire dir being thumbed thing and it don't work:( O well, suffer more I will.

Thanx though.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That is because you are using IrfanView or XnView to extract the thumbnails. TC asks IV/XnV for the thumbnail for each file and IV/XnV sends the thumbnail through the clipboard, TC gets it from there and shows it in the filelist. That's why the filename you copy to the clipboard gets overwritten.
This is only true for older versions of Irfanview and Xnview. I have introduced a newer method together with the authors of these programs which doesn't use the clipboard. You will of course have to update both Total Commander and your viewer.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com