Opening video file

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Mazka

Opening video file

Post by *Mazka »

Greetings human race.
As this problem is quite hard to phrase exactly and couldnt find any similar problems explained from forum nr help file, I'll just try it here.
So the problem:
When trying to open (video-) file with space in its name, video player (VLC) seems to try and open each part of the name alone.
This only seems to happen on latest version, as I just upgraded from 5.x to 6.54a and everything worked fine there. And video files are only confirmed because MP3's work fine on winamp for example.

Lets make an example.
I'll have 'Rare exports - Father Christmas.avi' opened, video player fires up, though no picture comes in motion. On status bar of the player there is the file's name and directory - and its trying to play "rare" "exports" "father" "christmas" ".avi" (scrolling through these quite fast)
BUT when opening fallenart.avi, it plays right. No problems whatsoever.
Note: while trying this out, it seems to work fine with .mov files also. Seems like there has been some kind of problem with file associations and i have no idea what.
Clo

Win bug…

Post by *Clo »

2Mazka

:) Hello ! Welcome aboard !

- Just mark the video-file, go to Files menu >> Associate with… >> Edit type >> Restore the missing double-quotes of %1 in the “Open” field to get so :
"%1" - Close all the dialogue-boxes.
- Try to open you file now… and please, let me know what occurs ;)

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Mazka

Post by *Mazka »

Workin perfectly now. Cheers.