[REQ] skip all (on copying, delete, move, synchro, etc)

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

isidro

[REQ] skip all (on copying, delete, move, synchro, etc)

Post by *isidro »

I know it has been discussed, but it's an essential featur missing for TC perfect software. Just [skip all] flaged for the rest of the task so all other errors are just skipped and ignored. Maybe just a small info of #files skipped when operation finished just to tell the user there were problems. In that way you can leave a task overnight copying from a network, damaged diskette/CD/DVD/HD or whatever instead of being a slave waiting for next error to occur. I have spent sleepless night because of that missing feature.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Since TC 7 will support logging, I'm really considering this as an option for the next version.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com

Re: [REQ] skip all (on copying, delete, move, synchro, etc

Post by *Sticky »

isidro wrote:I have spent sleepless night because of that missing feature.
Indeed. There's nothing worse than queueing up several multiGB files to transfer over night, just to come back in the morning and see you made some mistake and it paused after the third file.

Is there a setting for that somewhere I'm missing? Can you tell it to "Always skip" or "always overwrite" when you're queueing? If not, that would be very useful!
isidro

Post by *isidro »

I think that logging is an independent feature, if you have an error, and just press [Skip All], those files wont be copied, you already know that situation since you are missing at least one file. You can always Synchronize afterwards to check what was missed. (Skip All should be an option in Synchronize as well). Thanks.