Is there a BTS

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Is there a BTS

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

... except WIKI? (FYI: BTS stands for Bug Tracking System)
I mean to dump to some thread all those version-lasting bugs for easy searching and tracking their fixing.
Let's start with these:
renaming a directory to a name of existing directory causes removing the former into the latter without user notification;
------------------------
open two archives containing at least one file with common name in different panels and try to view those files pressing F3 in left, then in right panels;
------------------------
if I have an archive on my desktop and accessed my desktop via internal TC command, I cannot Ctrl+PgDn into it; doubleclick executes associated program; (I suggest, it's because wcxs don't work inside wfxs)
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Is there a BTS

Post by *Sheepdog »

XPEHOPE3KA wrote:... except WIKI? (FYI: BTS stands for Bug Tracking System)
I mean to dump to some thread all those version-lasting bugs for easy searching and tracking their fixing.
No there isn't (at least no public). But I think the idea of a Wiki section is quite good. Wouldn't you like to create such a section in the Wiki?

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

Two bugsections in a wiki? I don't know if it is very good.
Maybe let's change the status of existing one?
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

XPEHOPE3KA wrote:Two bugsections in a wiki? I don't know if it is very good.
Maybe let's change the status of existing one?
You do refer to the 'Known bugs and workarounds' section?

It did not come into my mind when you were talking 'bout bug tracking. But right, maybe you could add a part: 'Bugs without workaround' at this page?

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

There has been a German thread about this. (It's too late to translate now, maybe tomorrow. :) )

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

Ok, I shall add it, though not now. However I want this topic to be a mirror of that Wiki section - as I don't know if Mr. Ghisler reads Wiki articles, but I know that he reads (and answers) forum threads. :)
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

XPEHOPE3KA wrote:Ok, I shall add it, though not now. However I want this topic to be a mirror of that Wiki section - as I don't know if Mr. Ghisler reads Wiki articles, but I know that he reads (and answers) forum threads. :)
Oh Mr. Ghisler has of course a kind of Bug-tracking system (he told so in the thread mentioned by Hacker). But as I stated above: it's not public.

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

Finally added the section, please correct any mistakes there.

2Hacker
Mail me your translation, please.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Leadtester:
Is there a bug tracking system like Mantis BT or Bugzilla? I am an experienced tester and think a forum is not the right place to place bug reports, as they might be forgotten, etc.

Hacker:
The bugs are being collected by the author, who tries to fix them. Before a release there is a closed betatest.

Leadtester:
Ever considered a BTS?

ghisler(Author):
There is a closed beta forum, where testers report bugs. I save them to one folder, and move them to another folder when I fix them.

Leadtester:
Not sure how many bugs there might be, but I recommend MantisBT.

Lefteous:
What are the advantages?

Leadtester:
lists many advantages
The current system is antiquated.

Sir_SiLvA:
It's lame to register in a forum just to sell a BTS.
A BTS is too complex for a single developer.

Leadtester:
MantisBT is free and I also offer my help for free. Programmers usually don't care about errors in their program.

Lefteous:
You just reduced the chance of accepting your offer.

Leadtester:
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that.

Lefteous:
Well, it's hard to tell if a BTS is really necessary or not for us, who don't know how TC is being developed.

shammat:
It's too much overhead for one developer, IMO. And the quality seems to be very good, so the tests seem to be appropriate, too.

Leadtester:
I just wanted to introduce a BTS I have good experience with.

B@rndH:
I agree with shammat. How about making a test version of the BTS available?

Leadtester:
You can try it at http://frentmeister.nightly-whispers.com/

Lefteous, Leadtester:
discussion about the advantages and disadvantages of a BTS
wondering what Christian will say

sapiens:
BTS is a good idea, I have good experiences with it. If you offer to maintain a BTS, there is littel overhead for the programmer.

Leadtester:
Yes, I offer help.

ghisler(Author):
I didn't yet consider a BTS, the current system works very well. Recently I tried to file a bugerport to the firefox BTS, I searched to see if it wasn't reported before, and there were many results that were not relevant to the search. But the Mozilla project is much bigger, so there are good reasons for it to use a BTS.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

Thx a lot, Hacker! I meant a user BTS though, I didn't mean a BTS for Mr. Ghisler. Users don't have access to those two folders, but they have access to the Wiki.
Thanks a lot again!