Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

djorge

Swicth lister plugins automatically

Post by *djorge »

Hi,

There are 2 plugins that i am always using:
- IEView
- VisualDirSize

The problem is that sometimes i'd like to use VisualDirSize but when i press CTRL-Q in a directory and if IEView is configured as the first lister plugin, IEView is called instead of VisualDirSize. I need to set VisualDisSize as the first lister plugin. There are times that i want IEView to be the first plugin.

Is there a way to change the order of the plugins withou having to enter the lister plugin dialog configuration?

Maybe a button in TC with an internal commadn to switch the order...
Personal License #117854
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

Most simple,what you can do, is to press "4" ,when you see not that plugin,that you would prefer,without exit from lister or quickview mode.
djorge

Post by *djorge »

But if i have a directory selected there is no lister window to press 4....
Personal License #117854
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

I`ve just tested my recomendation.You must make quick view panel active and press "4".May be you have not made quick view panel active?
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

AFAIK VisualDirSize only works in quick view and only for directories. So if you don't need IEView to browse directories in quick view, you may freely set VisDirSize as the first wlx. If you however need IEView to browse directories... maybe use thumbnails instead?
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
djorge

Post by *djorge »

2Postkutscher
You're right. I just need to hit 4 it the tab. It works fine.

Mostly i use IEView to view html files. It is my second choice in lister plugins.
Personal License #117854
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

Recomendation of XPEHOPE3KA is more right,then my one.Try it too.It is the best way.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

yeah, it is cool with this specific example, but maybe we should have a special command that will present list of available plugins similar to "Open
With" of Explorer.exe

cm_ShowListerPluginList (F12 for example)

Plugin | Use as default | Default only in this seasion
|1. IEView [*] [ ]
|2. ICLView [ ] [*]
|3. .....

So when I don't need my old configuration I can quickly get this list with F12 and change it for mu current session needs.

Or maybe to have some combobox with similar functionality.
Once the Lister plugin is open you can present some combo in right menu corner (the place where Help is in main window).

Or just add submenu under 4 so I can choose desired plugin without loading whole sequence between my current one and the one I want. This one would be enough, and it is easy.

I don't know about you people, but I need this often.
Habemus majkam!
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

It would be good if TC was able to display a mouse-able drop-down list of installed viewers so that I could randomly (as opposed to sequentially with "4") choose a plugin with which to view my selected files/folders.

That list could be in a menu, a popup dialog, attached to a toolbar button or combo-box (a better toolbar system is coming someday, right?), or in a context menu popup (right mouse button). Doesn't really matter where (I will adapt).

By the way, where did "4" come from, anyway? Talk about yer un-intuitive-ness!
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
Clo

From---

Post by *Clo »

2JohnFredC

:) Hello John !

- I agree in the principle.
- Originally "4" - which is in fact 4 alpha, thus “ ' ” (apostrophe) here (!) came from the Options menu of Lister :
4 Image Multimedia 4
and its use is extended to switch to the next plugin in the list, according to the current order.
- That smells the workaround (one more !) and indeed something like you wish should be much more appropriate … :roll:

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials