Custom columns

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

gorank

Custom columns

Post by *gorank »

Hi.

I have just discovered this feature (haven't been using TC for a long time), and immediately ran into an issue. When I create a new custom column view, TC automatically adds "Name" and "Ext" columns, which can not be removed. Is there any way to remove them? I would prefer to use "Fullname" column instead.

The other thing I am wondering about isn't related to custom columns at all, but I figured I will ask here as well to avoid another post. Is there a way to see full name of the file (or any other column for that matter) if column width is too small to display it? I mean other than resizing the column. Windows Explorer has a feature which lets you do this if you leave mouse hovering over the file - it will show a popup with full name of the file and some other details.

Thanks,
Goran
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Custom columns

Post by *Sheepdog »

Welcome aboard.
gorank wrote:Hi.

I have just discovered this feature (haven't been using TC for a long time), and immediately ran into an issue. When I create a new custom column view, TC automatically adds "Name" and "Ext" columns, which can not be removed. Is there any way to remove them? I would prefer to use "Fullname" column instead.
Unfortunately not (yet).
The other thing I am wondering about isn't related to custom columns at all, but I figured I will ask here as well to avoid another post.
Usually it is better to open one thread for each question in order somone else is looking for the same issue he will probably find your first question and the answer but the other questions he will not recognize.
Is there a way to see full name of the file (or any other column for that matter) if column width is too small to display it? I mean other than resizing the column.
COnfiguration->Options->Display:Help texts
Here you can define when a Tooltip should appear. And with the little + in the right lower corner you could define custom view fields that should be displayed according to special filetypes.

sheepdog
Last edited by Sheepdog on 2006-04-04, 06:43 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2gorank
Hi,
You cannot remove these columns. To show name and extensions directly after the filename open the configuration and navigate to the "tabstops" page. Check the option "directly after filename".
The other thing I am wondering about isn't related to custom columns at all, but I figured I will ask here as well to avoid another post. Is there a way to see full name of the file (or any other column for that matter) if column width is too small to display it? I mean other than resizing the column. Windows Explorer has a feature which lets you do this if you leave mouse hovering over the file - it will show a popup with full name of the file and some other details.
For a detailed description on this topic see our wiki:
http://www.ghisler.ch/wiki/index.php/Quickinfo
gorank

Post by *gorank »

Thanks a lot to both of you for a very quick reply. I have searched the forum and looked in the Wiki for the first issue and haven't found anything, but then forgot to search for the second issue. :oops:

Cheers,
Goran