Adding an startmenu to a button.

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Andre Linoge

Adding an startmenu to a button.

Post by *Andre Linoge »

I like have an (button)menu, like startmenu, added on the buttonbar; there is an user option to do this, but that puts the startmenu (with the programs) on the button. I like to have an similar menu for documents.
Is there an possibilitie to create such an menubutton?!

TIA
Andre Linoge
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, try the program TCmenu from our addons page:
http://www.ghisler.com/tools.htm#other
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Andre Linoge

Post by *Andre Linoge »

Thank you, i have tryed the program, but i cant figure out how it works :?, just keep getting errormessages: cant start program etc, etc.
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2Andre Linoge
but i cant figure out how it works
Strange, there's a nice english readme there.
BTW, there's an analog of TCMenu - TCToolbar. The only difference is that the latter adds a horizontal bar.
BTW#2, if you (or anyone) will find a way to use "cd %$DESKTOP%" command with these utilities, post here.
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2Andre Linoge Post here your .bar files.

2XPEHOPE3KA
if you (or anyone) will find a way to use "cd %$DESKTOP%" command with these utilities, post here.
It is impossible, because %$DESKTOP% it is internal variables of TC. TCmenu and TCtoolbar can substitute OS environement variables only. But you can use command "cd %USERPROFILE%\Desktop" (in windows 2000 or XP)
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

Wow! As your nick reminds me of MGP software, I can guess - you are the author of TCMenu! If yes, please, upload the latest versions of your plugins and utilities (meaningly EventLog2.2, FileX1.4 (and possibly Filetype1.3), TCToolbar1.4 and WDXChart) to totalcmd.net (or at least add some download links).
%$DESKTOP% it is internal variables of TC
I know that, but I thought that your(?) utility somehow tries to use TC's internal cd command which handles such variables.
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
Andre Linoge

Post by *Andre Linoge »

[quote="VadiMGP"]2Andre Linoge Post here your .bar files.

2VadiMGP
Cant do such thing, but here are the commands:

Command: C:\Program Files\Software\TotalCommander\TCmenu.exe
Parameters: c:\Program Files\Software\TotalCommander\subbar.bar
Start Path: C:\Program Files\Software\TotalCommander\
Icon File: C:\Program Files\Software\TotalCommander\TCmenu.exe

Now i have added ?" "
?"C:\Program Files\Software\TotalCommander\subbar.bar"
that makes it work. I now have an submenu.
Now i am figuring out how to get small icons.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

As your nick reminds me of MGP software, I can guess - you are the author of TCMenu!
Yes, I am. But why you need both Filetype and FileX? It is the same plugin! BTW, your nick is very "speaking" too. :wink:

About internals variables. Unfortunately TC handles them for itself only, not for external programs.
Andre Linoge wrote:how to get small icons.
You have to add dollar sign like this

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Software\TotalCommander\subbar.bar" -$
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2VadiMGP
But why you need both Filetype and FileX?
For historical reasons :P Of course there is no need to upload Filetype plugin. BTW, saw this post? I already knew that these plugins are the same.
your nick is very "speaking" too
:lol: :twisted: 8)
Stance
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stance »

XPEHOPE3KA wrote: BTW#2, if you (or anyone) will find a way to use "cd %$DESKTOP%" command with these utilities, post here.
Hi!
Don't know if I get you right, but this cd -command for VadiMGP's TCMenu works great for me:

Code: Select all

[Buttonbar]
Buttoncount=XX
button1=%windir%\SYSTEM32\shell32.dll,34
cmd1=cm_OpenDesktop
param1=
path1=
menu1=Desktop
Kind regards
Stance
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2XPEHOPE3KA
Well, I've uploaded(updated) some plugins. WDXGuide and WDXChart are not uploaded for two reasons:
1. Both of them are unsupported.
2. There exists similar tool with the same name from Alextp and it can confuse people.
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=57301#57301
Both of them are still on my ftp server though. Кто ищет, тот всегда найдет. :wink:
BTW, saw this post?
Outstanding work!
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2VadiMGP
What about TCToolbar???
1. Both of them are unsupported.
Well, you can write it in their description to avoid ANY requests, questions, etc.
I haven't tested your WDXGuide yet, but WDXChart is very buggy, though I can guess that it's because some wdx'es return something illegal and completely unexpectable. However, WDXChart's interface is more than great - if you've used Alextp's WDXGuide, you've surely noticed some button bug there. In your utility one can also use lots of plugins without a need to resize the app, and one can also open a file for reading only (don't know if it's needed now).
So, if WDXChart will have some readme and if you will make button "Change ini-file" working, I will consider a switch to WDXChart.
2. There exists similar tool with the same name from Alextp and it can confuse people.
If speaking about your WDXGuide - well, even names are the same. But if speaking about WDXChart - competition shouldn't confuse people as they face it dayly :) .
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2Stance
Well, your button opens Desktop as a virtual folder - a place where everything in TC is not working :). Try cd %$DESKTOP% and you will find yourself somewhere under %userprofile%, but not seeing everything - sometimes useful for me.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

What about TCToolbar???
There exist small hope for new versions of TCmenu and TCToolbar. I'll upload them later.
Well, you can write it in their description to avoid ANY requests, questions, etc.
Ha-ha-ha! No chance. Believe it or not, lot of people just do not read "readme". :) Thanks for kind words but I've don't changed my mind.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

VadiMGP wrote:Ha-ha-ha! No chance. Believe it or not, lot of people just do not read "readme". :)
Maybe you should name it "Dont_readme" or "Reading_forbidden" ;) :lol:

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams