Ctrl+D the target panel, keep source panel focus?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

atery

Ctrl+D the target panel, keep source panel focus?

Post by *atery »

When I want copy files to a folder in my hotlist, I have to do now is "Tab"+"Ctrl+D"+"Tab"+"F5". Is there a way just to change the folder of the target panel, without moving the cursor to it? Just like Alt+F1 and Alt+F2, say, put Ctrl+Alt+D to activate the other panel's hotlist.

I know there is an option to save the target folder of the hotlist, but this is not convenient enough.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

Hm, nice idea. That could indeed be useful.

Support+
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

This is ridiculous :-) you want to use a more complicated shortcut key to eliminate one keypress :lol:
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
atery

Post by *atery »

SanskritFritz wrote:This is ridiculous :-) you want to use a more complicated shortcut key to eliminate one keypress :lol:
Maybe you have not unsterstood what I mean :( . I want one hotkey press to replace all these "Tab"+"Ctrl+D"+"Tab" three hotkey press.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

You can add for each entry a second one for opening the folder in the opposite panel:

entry one:

Code: Select all

command:c:\temp
Targetpath:
opens c:\temp in the active panel

and the opposite

Code: Select all

command:cd
Targetpath:c:\temp
opens C:\temp in the opposite panel.

You have to use the "cd" command to activate the loading of the targetpath.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2SanskritFritz

Hm, imagine you just selected some files and want to copy them to a directory you know that its contained in your directory hotlist. Don't you agree that it would be more handy to just press CTRL+ALT+D once than having to TAB to the target panel and back again in those cases? Especially as this key combo is quite easy to type...

I don't consider this as an essential feature, as its only useful in some use-cases (but in these, it surely eases the 'workflow') but a nifty small addition if easy to implement. Something for about point 543 on the wishlist maybe :wink:

EDIT:
2Sheepdog
Hm, nice idea. This limits the feature to specific directories, though. The hotkey would allow a more flexible use of this feature.
TucknDar

Post by *TucknDar »

Support! Would be very useful :)
license #76904
atery

Post by *atery »

2StickyNomad
Thanks for understanding :) . Maybe because I copy things so often, so I came up with this thought.

2Sheepdog
Thanks for replying. All I think would be nice is just press something to activate the existing hotlist in another panel, without editing anything more. But I'll try your idea :wink:
WatchUer

Post by *WatchUer »

Support!

Post by *Sticky »

What if you could use a key (Control, Alt, Shift etc.) that would tell CTRL-D to change the opposite pane?

It seems that both Shift and Control are used currently to open in a new tab and alt just closes the dialog. Couldn't one of those be changed (or at least have an option) so that if you alt-click or alt-enter on the directory, it open in the opposite pane?
atery

Post by *atery »

Sticky wrote:What if you could use a key (Control, Alt, Shift etc.) that would tell CTRL-D to change the opposite pane?

It seems that both Shift and Control are used currently to open in a new tab and alt just closes the dialog. Couldn't one of those be changed (or at least have an option) so that if you alt-click or alt-enter on the directory, it open in the opposite pane?
This is also a good idea :D . But I just tried Ctrl and Shift in the hotlist, they all open the folder in a new TAB in the SAME panel...