[Feature Request] Slow Down File Copy Speed

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

BillyGates

[Feature Request] Slow Down File Copy Speed

Post by *BillyGates »

I love Total Commander and like most people use it as my main program to copy files. I often copy many files between computers over a wireless network where the wireless is the bottleneck and a big copy slows down all my wireless activity.

It would be nice if there were a 'speed slider' on the copy you could change to copy files at a slower rate if desired so not to bottleneck my network connection.

There are programs like http://www.netlimiter.com/ that do this, but it certainly would be nice to have a slider in Total Commander that changed the rate of copying files.

Hope it's implemented one day! Thanks for the great program!
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

Try copy (F5) and press F2 Queue (background) in the window of copy you can limit the speed.
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)
BillyGates

Post by *BillyGates »

Wow I learn something new every day! Thanks! I've been a long-time user of TC and never clicked on that 'Queue' options.

As a suggestion, would it not make sense if one clicked on 'Background' when copying it would take you to the same interface as clicking on 'Queue'?
WatchUer

Post by *WatchUer »

BillyGates wrote:......
As a suggestion, would it not make sense if one clicked on 'Background' when copying it would take you to the same interface as clicking on 'Queue'?
Support the seggestion! 8)