Which of my plugins do you use?

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

$Which of my plugins do you use?

Autodesk® 3ds Max® Preview
5%
Blat Mailer
41%
DVI Simple Viewer
11%
Mathematica® Link
2%
MATLAB® MAT-file Viewer
7%
MKS Source Integrity® Browser
2%
Simulink®
2%
SolidWorks® Preview
2%
URL Grank
7%
URL Shortcut Viewer
11%
XSudoku
9%

Total votes: 44

caypiranha

Post by *caypiranha »

...what problems peoples have... LOL.. when you hav´nt tried any pluggs from him - simply leave this poll.. hrhr.. "none of them" is absolutly not important!
:P
MPS

Post by *MPS »

sorry mate, none in my case:)
Dinosaur

Post by *Dinosaur »

None of them.
Sorry for my English. Sometimes it may be very confused. :)
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

I wont consider this as a representative poll. :)
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
dkyriakis

Post by *dkyriakis »

None of the above.
Yes, I tried them all (except sudoku), and I don't use them.

I think that you are however on the right track:

"MATLAB® MAT-file Viewer" would be great if it would work without Matlab installation: some use Octave, Scilab or FreeMat or other alternatives with MAT-files.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

dkyriakis wrote:"MATLAB® MAT-file Viewer" would be great if it would work without Matlab installation: some use Octave, Scilab or FreeMat or other alternatives with MAT-files.
It does work without MATLAB installation. Its all in the readme file. It is enough if you download the required MATLAB and Unicode libs which are provided by the plugin installer. The FreeMat interface to MATLAB MAT-files use the free MAT File I/O lib by Christopher Hilbert and was developed by me. This lib does not support the latest HDF5-based MAT-files and also lacks some other compatibilities. So I stick with the official libs of The MathWorks.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
kotlomoy

kotlomoy's TC 7.02a pack for USB-device

Post by *kotlomoy »

Currently constructing my own TC pack and included Autodesk 3ds Max Preview 1.1.2.0 as candidate. But actuallly not used it, cause construction is still in progress
#213083 Single user license
BranchViewExtended
dkyriakis

Post by *dkyriakis »

tbeu wrote:
dkyriakis wrote:"MATLAB® MAT-file Viewer" would be great if it would work without Matlab installation: some use Octave, Scilab or FreeMat or other alternatives with MAT-files.
It does work without MATLAB installation. Its all in the readme file. It is enough if you download the required MATLAB and Unicode libs which are provided by the plugin installer. The FreeMat interface to MATLAB MAT-files use the free MAT File I/O lib by Christopher Hilbert and was developed by me. This lib does not support the latest HDF5-based MAT-files and also lacks some other compatibilities. So I stick with the official libs of The MathWorks.
1. Would you consider updating the lib to have full support (so that it works 100% without matlab?
2. Any plans to support other Matlab related file types?
3. Is there any LaTeX viewer for TC (especially for math formulas)? I couldn't find one.

Thank you very much.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

dkyriakis wrote:1. Would you consider updating the lib to have full support (so that it works 100% without matlab?
Sorry, I am not going to do this.
dkyriakis wrote:2. Any plans to support other Matlab related file types?
Which types do you think of?
dkyriakis

Post by *dkyriakis »

tbeu wrote:
dkyriakis wrote:1. Would you consider updating the lib to have full support (so that it works 100% without matlab?
Sorry, I am not going to do this.
That's pitty cause if it's not working 100% without Matlab it's not that useful.
tbeu wrote:
dkyriakis wrote:2. Any plans to support other Matlab related file types?
Which types do you think of?
Everything you can (or wish) :).
e.g. pcode, mex, fig, csv, fits, etc.

Also since the .MAT format is used by other projects as well (mostly open source that I mentioned above, but others too), you could announce your plug-in there too since in many cases it's just practical to have a short preview instad of opening a big and slow environment.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

dkyriakis wrote:Everything you can (or wish) :).
pcode is encrypted and pre-compiled m-code and only The MathWorks knows how to decrypt. mex is same as dll on Win32 platform. fig is the same as mat and can be opend by the plugin. csv is plain text. I never heard of fits.
dkyriakis

Post by *dkyriakis »

tbeu wrote:
dkyriakis wrote:Everything you can (or wish) :).
pcode is encrypted and pre-compiled m-code and only The MathWorks knows how to decrypt.
Well at least it would be interesting if the plug-in would "allow" to to specify external tool that would "try" the decryption (I guess this could be general, for more file formats).
tbeu wrote: mex is same as dll on Win32 platform.
Sure, but I mean from a Matlab perspective, i.e. what's interesting for them - for Win32 dlls there are viewers to that show a nice tree view (not a byte stream).
tbeu wrote: fig is the same as mat and can be opend by the plugin.
I think fig should be viewed as a figure :). by specifying an external tool that does the work and just displays the image result.
tbeu wrote: csv is plain text.
Sure, but not nicely formated (e.g. in a table with data types icons :) ).

Also I think the matlab CSV has some limitations, so from the matlab perspective the display should different when they're hit.
tbeu wrote: I never heard of fits.
FITS is a NASA format and stands for Flexible Image Transport System data.
I can't post you a link here(this forum is not allowing me yet) but you can search in the online matlat docs for "fitsread" or after "fits" on the nasa.gov page.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

The only fig viewer I know is mfigv which is no longer maintained and uses the MATLAB Component Runtime (MCR), too.

There is no chance to decrypt pcode. This would be hacking.