Problems with dialogue boxes - dual monitor SOLVED

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

grizzlybear

Problems with dialogue boxes - dual monitor SOLVED

Post by *grizzlybear »

Hello,

I recently purchased an extra monitor and Total commander is acting a little weird in this setup. I have an nvidia videocard with latest drivers and i have checked all settings to force all dialogue windows to open in a specific display.

regardless of this almost all dialgoue boxes (config, f6,f7..) open on the second display.

am i doing something wrong or is this a bug?

UPDATE

I managed to solve this. I figured out that NVIDIA's software must be used to configure dual display instead of the windows xp default. then it all worked like a charm.
Last edited by grizzlybear on 2006-05-01, 20:55 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That's very odd, F6 and F7 are always centered over the Total Commander window. Maybe some Nvidia multiple desktop software is doing this?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
grizzlybear

Post by *grizzlybear »

ghisler(Author) wrote:That's very odd, F6 and F7 are always centered over the Total Commander window. Maybe some Nvidia multiple desktop software is doing this?
indeed it could be nvidia software. f6 and f7 are centered, but they're centered on the wrong display. my primary display is numbered as "2" in the display properties. but the windows open in in "1" but i do not know if this numbering affects Total commander.