Unicode implementation in TC V8

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

2Ghisler
Christian, when you'll be making TC 8 (with Unicode support), you'll probably add such exported functions like FsFindFirstW, FsFindNextW etc.

My suggestion: please do not add only "Unicode name" field to W sctuctures, but also add needed additional fileds, such as UserData (PChar, not limited array!) and UserDataW (PWChar). These UserData fields are needed by plugins which want to associate plugin-defined data with panel item. For example: MSIE Cache Browser wants to associate URL (may be longer than 256 chars!) with panel item.

As you know, such plugin-defined field is implemented in FAR Manager.
You may look at FAR API (http://api.farmanager.com/en/) to see how FAR manages memory for this field (it's complicated).
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Topic split from Are there plans for TC V7.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

2Ghisler
And another question: will you use Tnt Unicode Controls to support unicode or your own custom controls? You'll need many unicode controls: Edit, Label, ComboBox etc.

if your own: this is _a lot_ of work
if Tnt: you'll need to upgrade to Delphi 5...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I haven't decided on which controls I will use. I have licences of Delphi 2, 3 and 7, but I haven't decided yet which I will use. I already have a self-developped Unicode control (the edit box for inplace rename), so it's doable even with Delphi 2...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com