Simpe addition to the Advanced Search for Directories

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

taisto

Simpe addition to the Advanced Search for Directories

Post by *taisto »

Hi folks :)

I did a quick search and didnt find exactly what I was looking for, so I'd take my chances and suggest a feature I think could be a fairly easy and very useful addition to the advanced search.

Size of directories!

I've been googling for quite long time now, but apart from a simple perl-script, I havent really found a good utility for deleting empty directories, and I'd really like to have it in totalcommander, since I use it _constantly_ :D

My suggestion is simply that when the directory attribute's is set during a search, the setting of size-criteria would refer to the size of the files in the directory!
Currently it seems that the size of a directory is 0, but it feels like it shouldnt be to complicated to just sum-up all the files and then use that sum as the size of the directory.

Wouldn't that just be smashing :lol: ?

It wouldnt be all that bad with a special setting/option where the name-criteria was referring to just the filenames, so that I could make a search for all directories with a certain kind of files in them, AND of a certain summary size.
But for now, I'd be thrilled if the dir-size searching was possible in future versions of this Great App :wink:
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

Use DirSizeCalc content-plugin.
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
frenky

Post by *frenky »

Ambiguity succeeds where honesty dares not venture.