Synchronization

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

margolis22

Synchronization

Post by *margolis22 »

As a new user to Total Commander and the Synchronization feature, please forgive my ignorance for lack of knowledge of the synchroization feature. Can the feature do the following or will these feature be implemented in future versions ( TC 7 possibly?)

1. When I synchronize, I commonly do this with the same folders, such as c:\my documents to my external hard drive e:\my documents. It would be nice to define or save that synchroization for future uses.

2. Is there a way to filter in the synchronization tool such as *.doc or file masks to speed up the searches when it looks to synchronize files. This also would be nice to define or save as a saved item for future use. Using NT Variables would be helpful such as %USERPROFILE% be truly solidify this function.

3. A schedule would also be nice to add to this tool. For example, everyday @ 9:00pm based on the defined search and the days of the week.

Thank You
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

1. This is going to be implemented in TC7.

2. You can specify the filter in the upper middle combobox. The masks are saved in the history and available when you click on the "down" button of this combobox.

3. It's not the task of TC. For scheduling there is huge amount of various tools. If you wish to use TC' sync tool in particular, it's possible to write a macro on some of the languages (AHK, PowerPro, WSH ...) and assign it for running on your schedule defined in an external scheduling tool.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64