Mediainfo.wdx: (see video/audio metadata detailed information) - content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Updated archive contains v0.7.57 of Mediainfo.dll.

Download: wdx_mediainfo.rar (x86/x86-64) (C++ sources included)
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

2tbeu
Please, add "Sample rate" item for audio.
I't too important for me, that I still have to use TCMediaInfo.wdx (32-bit)...
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

MaxX wrote:Please, add "Sample rate" item for audio.
It's done.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

2tbeu
still can't find it...
http://iceimg.com/i/c1/79/acacf0716a.png
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Please download again.
69ff2b0fd7c2ebfb3aed7ee9d255fe1f *wdx_mediainfo.rar
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

thanks, works good!
Ukrainian Total Commander Translator. Feedback and discuss.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Updated archive contains v0.7.58 of Mediainfo.dll.

PhiloVance

Post by *PhiloVance »

The WDX works great on Media files of all kinds, but I sometimes get "Crash in plugin mediainfo.wdx: Invalid floating point operation."

It seems to happen in directories that contain non-media files, like .exe and .ini with the mediainfo frame size and duration columns in a Custom Columns layout. The frame size field fills with Asian characters and TC becomes very unstable and will crash soon after.

As I said, in directories that have only media files, it works fantastically well. It seems to understand every type of multimedia in creation.

This is a WinXP system with TC 8.0 and latest version of Mediainfo DL'd from link in post directly above.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

I did a test but did not observe a crash at all. It would be very helpful if you could find out which file causes the floating point exception.
PhiloVance

Post by *PhiloVance »

tbeu wrote:I did a test but did not observe a crash at all. It would be very helpful if you could find out which file causes the floating point exception.
It turns out to be files of zero-length that cause the exception, and each one will cause multiple exceptions. I created a test directory and put exactly one file in that directory, then switched to the custom view with the mediainfo columns. If that file was zero-length, it caused the exceptions regardless of filetype. If it was not zero-length, no exception regardless of filetype.

I guess it's a non-issue since those files should never really exist and can be deleted when they occur, but you might want to protect against it. Your call.

Thanks for the quick response. When you said you couldn't recreate it, I knew it had to be something unlikely.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

I could reproduce the problem now with the zero Byte file. The floating-point invalid operation only happens with newer versions of MediaInfo.dll. Previous versions like 0.7.53 did not throw such an exception. I fixed the problem by hiding the floating-point exceptions of the plugin. You can download and test the new version from wdx_mediainfo.rar.
PhiloVance

Post by *PhiloVance »

Yes, new version is very quiet. It took me a while to find a 0 byte file, as I deleted most of them when I realized that they were causing the problem! :lol:

Is it safe to just hide the error like you're doing? Will you let the DLL owner know about the problem?

Thanks for your attention and quick repair.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

PhiloVance wrote:Yes, new version is very quiet. It took me a while to find a 0 byte file, as I deleted most of them when I realized that they were causing the problem! :lol:
Zero Byte files can be simply created in TC by SHIFT+F4 :?
PhiloVance wrote:Is it safe to just hide the error like you're doing?
Yes, no need to worry. It is up to the application to decide how to react on exceptions.
PhiloVance wrote:Will you let the DLL owner know about the problem?
There is a support forum but I deleted my SF account a few days ago and anonymous entries are not allowed. Thus I will no longer care about this.

Please download plugin again as I did a minor change in the plugin.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Updated archive contains v0.7.59 of Mediainfo.dll.

bkant

Post by *bkant »

Thanks very much for this most useful plugin. Would it be possible to include the "Muxing mode" field which contains info about "Packed bitstream" (if applicable)? There are still a lot of files around with that "feature".