ReDate Addon

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

ReDate Addon

Post by *Hacker »

Hi,
ReDate Addon 1.0 beta for Total Commander is available at http://thehacker.host.sk/myfiles/redate/ .
I programmed it at a user's request. It is meant to redate the files you select... well, you'll see. ;)

To install it, place it in the Button Bar (or Start Menu), type %L in the Parameters: field and clear the Start path.

To use it, select some files and click the button.

You can use Ctrl-Up/Down in the Preview field to sort the files.
Currently you have to change some values to the left for the files to get the right dates after you sort them manually. I will fix this in the next release.

HTH
Roman, the Green Mean Software Machine
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

I don't understand, what you mean saying Redate.
Total Commander already can change date stamp of files.
Wincmd.ru WWW.TOTALCMD.NET
I see that future is near...
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

But not this way, it's something like a simplified Multi-Rename Tool but for dates. It can change the dates of multiple files in either ascending or descending order, with a definable start and step, you can also choose between years, months, ..., seconds and any combination of them.

BTW: Redate 1.0 beta 2 is out, I fixed the sorting and the dates are reread after successful redating.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hi all,
ReDate Addon 1.0 Final is out. Added support for adding files from Branch view and Feed to listbox. Get it at http://thehacker.host.sk/redate/ .

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hi,
1.02 is out. Preview is now showing time when set to midnight and added randomize function.
http://thehacker.host.sk/redate/

Roman
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Hacker wrote:Hi,
1.02 is out. Preview is now showing time when set to midnight and added randomize function.

Roman
Hmmm, the usual problems with the link still exist! I don’t know if the link is problematic or the time I’m accessing it! ;)

Any alternatives?
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
CADweazle

Post by *CADweazle »

2pdavit

Worked fine for me :!:
Cheer up, Karl
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

CADweazle wrote:2pdavit

Worked fine for me :!:
It did for me the next day. It was probably a glitz of the extreme hour I was accessing it.

Please, Roman have your computer ON all the time! :D :D :D

Remark: IE makes an incomplete download but TC downloads the file without any problem!!!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

It was probably a glitz of the extreme hour I was accessing it.

Oh well, host.sk is going through some changes, the connectivity should be better at the end, but one never knows. Maybe they screw it up totally.

IE makes an incomplete download but TC downloads the file without any problem!

Yeah, one of the glitches I can't reproduce. Maybe it's because the outside connectivity or some servers the packets go through... no idea, everything works well here both with TC and IE.

Thanks
Roman
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hey,
ReDate 1.03 is out, now offering the option to toggle the automatic updating of the Preview by pressing U.

HTH
Roman
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Hi Roman!

Tried ReDate and noticed some bugs:
1) The dialog looks strange (under NT4 at least) - all the controls are moved very close to the left and top edges (probably 1-pixel gap) and there is large free space at the bottom (approx 50 pixels) and to the right (approx 100 pixels).
2) Increment by 1 second isn't working (like in TC). I use NTFS, so it is possible (unlike FAT).
3) Dialog can be resized horizontally but not vertically (and can't be maximized). Is it by design or bug?
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hi,

The dialog looks strange (under NT4 at least) - all the controls are moved very close to the left and top edges (probably 1-pixel gap) and there is large free space at the bottom (approx 50 pixels) and to the right (approx 100 pixels).

Hmm, maybe you have "small fonts" set? I can reproduce this here in school on W2K, but I don't have many ideas on how to fix it.

Increment by 1 second isn't working (like in TC). I use NTFS, so it is possible (unlike FAT).

What do you mean by "like in TC"? Doesn't it work in TC, either? Then it's not my fault. ;)
Well, wouldn't know what I am doing wrong, either, since the code looks like this:

Code: Select all

for i := 0 to filelist.Count - 1 do
  filesetdate(filelist[i], datetimetofiledate(strtodatetime(previewlistview.Items.Item[i].SubItems[1])));
- it just takes the standardized string from the listview, converts it to a Delphi DateTime value and sets the file's date to it...
Any ideas?

Dialog can be resized horizontally but not vertically (and can't be maximized). Is it by design or bug?

By design. Thought it would look ugly without some code to make the Years, Months, ..., Seconds line up nicely. Do you need it? I can make a special build for you. ;) (Or you could compile one yourself... :) )

Thanks
Roman
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Hacker wrote:Hmm, maybe you have "small fonts" set?
Yes. I think it was by default after installing the system.
Hacker wrote:but I don't have many ideas on how to fix it.
Strange. Not sure about delphi, but when I create dialog in resource file (I use Visual C++) it looks as I created it with both "small fonts" and "large fonts" (dialog and all controls just become proportionally bigger)...
Hacker wrote:What do you mean by "like in TC"? Doesn't it work in TC, either?
Yes, Change File Attributes sets times with 2-second precision :( even on NTFS.
Hacker wrote:Well, wouldn't know what I am doing wrong, either, since the code looks like this:
What are those filesetdate, datetimetofiledate. Standard WinAPI function SetFileTime isn't accessible from Delphi?
Hacker wrote:without some code to make the Years, Months, ..., Seconds line up nicely. Do you need it?
No. At least so far. It's just a notice :).
Hacker wrote:Or you could compile one yourself... :)
No, I can't :). And don't want. I don't like Pascal syntax ;).
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Not sure about delphi, but when I create dialog in resource file (I use Visual C++) it looks as I created it with both "small fonts" and "large fonts" (dialog and all controls just become proportionally bigger)...

Will check if I have the proportional thingy turned on.

Yes, Change File Attributes sets times with 2-second precision :( even on NTFS.

Hmm, well, if Christian can't do it, I am not sure if I can.

What are those filesetdate, datetimetofiledate. Standard WinAPI function SetFileTime isn't accessible from Delphi?

It very probably is but till now I haven't seen a reason why to use non-Delphi functions. I will try.

Thanks
Roman
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Valentino,
OK, well, I built in messages that show you for each file what the original date was, what it should be set to and what it has been set to in reality. I also created a new build that uses SetFileTime. I did this for both ReDate and AddTime.
I also programmed prectime which is only meant to test if SetFileTime works correctly and the program adds a specified amount of seconds or milliseconds to a file's date.

Please get it at http://thehacker.host.sk/myfiles/ and there rattest.zip and try and see if it works.

Thank you in advance
Roman