ReDate Addon

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Hacker wrote:Please get it at http://thehacker.host.sk/myfiles/ and there rattest.zip and try and see if it works.
OK, just downloaded, will test.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Thank you. :)
BTW: I couldn't do much about the size thing - either it looks too small when using small fonts or the strings don't fit where they belong when using large fonts... :(

Thanks
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Roman,
All controls look fine. There is just too much space (kinda border) at the bottom and to the right. I sent you a screenshot.

rwcwinapi.exe from rattest.zip sets time properly but displays improper value (see screenshot). rwcdelphi.exe works as before (i.e. sets improper seconds).
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

All controls look fine. There is just too much space (kinda border) at the bottom and to the right. I sent you a screenshot.

I know, I've seen this before here in school on W2K. As I said, either there is this empty space around the controls, or the strings don't fit where they belong if I set my development environment to small fonts, correct the free space and set the fonts back to large. So it's a question of the lesser evil, I guess.

rwcwinapi.exe from rattest.zip sets time properly but displays improper value (see screenshot).

So the time on the disk is correct but rwcwinapi reads it incorrectly upon rereading?
To som z toho somar.

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Hacker wrote:So the time on the disk is correct but rwcwinapi reads it incorrectly upon rereading?
Yes file date/times on disk are exactly as I asked. E.g. seconds from 0 step by 1. On disk I have after this:

08:46:00
11:09:01
23:22:02
17:15:03
07:25:04
19:16:05
etc.

But in ListView I see the following:

Old date --- New date
08:46:00 --- 08:46:00
11:09:02 --- 11:09:01
23:22:02 --- 23:22:02
17:15:04 --- 17:15:03
07:25:04 --- 07:25:04
19:16:06 --- 19:16:05
etc.

So "New date" is right, "Old date" is wrong.

Moreover, temp msg boxes showed me the following (the same error):

Setting date: 08:46:00
New date: 08:46:00

Setting date: 11:09:01
New date: 11:09:02

Setting date: 23:22:02
New date: 23:22:02

Setting date: 17:15:03
New date: 17:15:04

etc.
Hacker wrote:To som z toho somar.
Чаво, чаво? Don't curse! :)

One more question: AddTime processes files from subdirs but ReDate doesn't. Is it normal?
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

OK, so as with AddTime, it's with reading, I will try to change it and post a new testing versions again. Thank you very much for taking your time BTW.

One more question: AddTime processes files from subdirs but ReDate doesn't. Is it normal?

The other way round, isn't it? :)
It's because AddTime was meant to be a simple way of changing the dates of files in a dir (the "famous" misset digital camera clock). Nobody needed to work with subdirs yet. I might add it if someone really needs it.

To som z toho somar = "I am a donkey from it" = It makes me feel (stupid) like a donkey, because I don't understand it at all.
You would feel that way looking at a new car blueprint with Swahili descriptions.

Thanks
Roman
Hammillian7

Post by *Hammillian7 »

I like and use your plugin. Thanks for it. It allows me to assure time sorting of DIVA voice files, which afterwards I rename to its contents.

One little thing would be very important for me, and probably for many TC users who prefer Keyboard over mouse: The possibility of entering the initial value and increment value numerically, instead of pressing arrows.

Would it be very costly for you to do it?.

Thanks again in any case.
Thanks,
Jose

Nubia Redmagic 7Pro with non-rooted Android 13
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

It would be very easy, but I had to disable it, because there is some code that gets executed on every change of a numerical value (eg the preview gets updated). However, if you'd type something into that field, for instance there is 8 and you'd type 9 then there is a very short time period when there is nothing in the field but Delphi (Windows) has already registered the "change" (to a blank field) and gives an error that the field shouldn't be blank but contain a number and gives an exception. Unfortunately I don't know any workaround for this, maybe with some try - except code but I haven't experimented with that. Might try, maybe next week.
BTW: In case you are using ReDate under NTFS, there is a bug that doesn't properly set the seconds - the precision is +/- 2 seconds even though it should be 0.1 microseconds. I am working on it, but... Valentino...?

Thanks
Roman
[EDIT: Fixed typo.]
Last edited by Hacker on 2003-07-21, 13:29 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hi all, ReDate Addon 1.04 beta is out, get it at http://thehacker.host.sk/myfiles/ and there redate_addon_1_04_beta.zip . It should now be possbile to enter numerical values directly and the NTFS bug might be fixed. As I am not sure if the fixes really work, please test this version before I tidy up the source and release it officially.

TIA
Roman
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

1.04 BETA:

there is an access violation when selecting directories.
Hammillian7

Post by *Hammillian7 »

:) Thanks for this new beta version with numeric entry. I use it happily.

2 or 3 times I got some ¿Access Violation? error at the beginning, but not lastly. I imagine they were due to a particular situation then which I didn't identify, but which doesn't present to me in my recent day-to-day use.

If you still want to improve the plug-in, there is one thing that I would appreciate:

That the initial value of the time fields (year, month...) be pre-filled with the date of one of the selected files (the first or last or oldest or newest selected file, just one criterium you choose) or, better yet (more flexibility for the user), of the one file under the cursor in TC. Of course, each field would appear by default unmarked for change until the user marks it.

Regards.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I'll see about the default date setting when I have some time.

Could it be that the access violation happened on some files not open for writing?

TIA
Roman
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Hacker wrote:I'll see about the default date setting when I have some time.

Could it be that the access violation happened on some files not open for writing?

TIA
Roman
what about my posting...

when trying to "redate" a file like C:\pagefile.sys I get a "range check error".
Hammillian7

Post by *Hammillian7 »

I'm sorry I can't tell you, because it was days ago and couldn't stop to investigate at that time.

Now that Lefteous mentions, I remember that "range check error" is what I also got.

Regards.
Thanks,
Jose

Nubia Redmagic 7Pro with non-rooted Android 13
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Well, in my internal 1.04 beta 2 build I added some dubugging information if a file can't be opened, also checking some return values (like REAL programmers do ;) ), added the changing of initial values like Hammillian requested. However, I didn't encounter any problems when selecting directories (they are simply ignored) - are you sure they're causing problems? And as I still have to fix a problem with loading many (~620) files and add one more thing I will release it for testing as soon as possible.

Thanks
Roman