sftp... strg+n

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

blacky

sftp... strg+n

Post by *blacky »

Hy,

i dont now, if it's a bug, look :

Image: http://blackysgate.de/files/tc/tc7pic/sftp1.jpg
Image: http://blackysgate.de/files/tc/tc7pic/sftp2.jpg

and then hang it.. humm.... i have run my ssh and can
login with all other programms so..

Image: http://blackysgate.de/files/tc/tc7pic/sftp3.jpg

and.. the extra crypt dll shold can insert in the folder of tc
or in a "path-folder" who can access the tc this extra crypt dll..

greetings
Blacky
greetings
Blacky
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Well you are talking about SFTP but TC supports only FTPS (FTP through SSL/TLS).

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.

Post by *848 »

Too bad TC still does not support SFTP without using the SFTP plugin. Maybe in the final release?

To see how/if FTPS works I just setup a to connect to a ftp server with FTPS using ftps://ftp.xs4all.nl

The connection is established without a warning. You might then think this connection is secure. But it's not. If you look in the connection messages, you see that authentication is not understood. The connection is a "clear text" connection. It would be nice if TC shows a warning in this case.

Connect to: (02-11-2006 20:16:35)
hostname=ftp.xs4all.nl
username=user
startdir=
ftp.xs4all.nl=194.109.21.26
220 XS4ALL ftpd DCLXVI
textAUTH TLS
text500 AUTH not understood
textAUTH SSL
text500 AUTH not understood
USER user
331 Password required for user.
PASS ***********
230 User user logged in.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
FEAT
211-Features:
MDTM
REST STREAM
SIZE
211 End
Connect ok!
PWD
257 "/home/.1/u/user" is current directory.
Get directory
TYPE A
200 Type set to A
PORT 192,168,1,65,5,53
200 PORT command successful
LIST
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
Download: 1.724 bytes
Waiting for server...
226 Transfer complete.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I'm sorry, SFTP cannot be supported, there are no public SSH dlls like for FTPS.

For SSL, initially I showed a special icon for insecure ftp connections, but in the alpha test we decided to leave them out and only show a locker when the connection really is secure.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com

Post by *848 »

OK. SSH support is not an option untill somebody else can programm a ssh dll. If anyone knows of this dll (not the plugin), please reply.

Just connected to ftps://ghisler.ch/ and noticed the locker. This locker is red and open. From your reply I made up that TC only shows a locker when the connection is real secure so I expect to see a closed green locker. Does the red open locker mean that this is a FTPS connection without a certificate?

For the final release; Maybe TC can show a locker marked with a X when I try to setup a ftps connection but this connection is not?
Clo

Or yellow…

Post by *Clo »

:) Hello !
This locker is red and open. From your reply I made up that TC only shows a locker when the connection is real secure so I expect to see a closed green locker.
• …or a yellow one ? :wink:

• On the pic, you can see (left) that the current locker is grey and not quite obvious to see…
- So, I proposed a coloured one during the private tests (unanswerred).
- Green could do the trick too, though I think that yellow is more visible on a grey background…

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This locker is red and open. From your reply I made up that TC only shows a locker when the connection is real secure so I expect to see a closed green locker.
The locker is red and open because the connection is encrypted but not verified. If you click on the locker, you will see the reason: It's a self-signed certificate (not signed by any cerification authority like Verisign or Thawte).

For normal FTP connections, no locker at all is shown.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com