[Wish] More Color / Searches options

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

m^2
Power Member
Power Member

[Wish] More Color / Searches options

Post by *m^2 »

Three wishes:
1. Is there a possibility of adding class hierarchy to Searches? There are 2 reasons for doing that:
- the limit of line lenght (I had to split "archives" into archives 1, 2, 3, linux, games) - now I can't select archives with '+'.
- I have special classes for new files (Archives1_new etc.) - they aren't archives any more, but they should be. It would be good to have a way to tell TC: "Archives 1, 2, 3, linux archives and games archives are Archives, also new ones".

2. I'd like to be able to set a font for each class, not only color.It would be good to write big files with a bigger font, read only - bold, system - with a different font. Or maybe write linux / windows files with different fonts.

3. Identifying files by content. Sometimes extension is not enough to decide which class file belongs to. I.e. .upx files are Unreal packages or temporary UPX files.
Sosna

Post by *Sosna »

1. don't understand you... too copmlicated
2. I don't think total will look adequate with different lines height, and I don't think it's easy to do. But I had already offered to let us set not only color but also a font style to search groups (for example exe-files are green, new files are bold, so new exe will be bold and green), but there was no answer to me.
3. it's already done - use content plugins. For example you can set red color for all mp3 files, with more than 192 kbps and with word "LORDI" in title!
Ave Caesar Imperator,
moritari te salutant!
m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

Sosna wrote:don't understand you... too copmlicated
In Searches, Search_for field can't be longer than (IIRC) 255 characters.
For archives I need 844 (for pictures - 649 and so on). So I had to split Archives into 5 classes and it'd be good to have an ability of telling TC to treat them as one.
Now I have to write 5 times that I want archives to be yellow. And I can't select all archives in the list with '+'.
Sosna wrote:I don't think total will look adequate with different lines height, and I don't think it's easy to do.
So don't I, but what problem with setting line heights to the largest font in list or the largest used?
Sosna wrote:it's already done - use content plugins. For example you can set red color for all mp3 files, with more than 192 kbps and with word "LORDI" in title!
Yes, but it's not universal. AFAIK there's no plugin that would work with example above. I need something like Trid.
Sosna

Post by *Sosna »

Well... Making lines same (biggest) height and different font size will make it too unfriendly to reed (don't know correct word). Now lines are aligned, and in that case it would be too hard to read them quickly.

844 chars for archives???!!! Do you use such filemasks like *.rar;*;r00;*;r01......*.r99 ? Maybe you should use "*.r0?" for example or use RegExpr (.r\d{2}) for it...
Ave Caesar Imperator,
moritari te salutant!
m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

I use *.r0? etc. and I'll switch to regular expression, it's much better :)
You can find my color setup here
byblo

Post by *byblo »

You can use the simple RegEx :
\.r\d\d$
for rar with numbers from *.r00 to *.r99

Or the same with ace + rar numbers :
\.[ar]\d\d$
m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

Yes, I've made it already with 2 simple RegExps:
(\.1|\.7z(|ip)|\.a(\d{2}|ce|dt|in|lz|r(|c|g|j)|sd)|\.b(58|el|h|ix|lz|za)|\.c(\d{2}|ab|zip)|\.d(ur|z)|\.e(ar|dc)|\.g(ca|za)|\.ha|\.i(ce|mp)|\.j(|a(k|m|r)))$
(\.l(fd|ha|of|z(h|o|s|x))|\.p(aq|iz|p(|m))|\.r(\d{2}|ar|ez|k(|v))|\.s(bc|pl|qx)|\.u(c2|ha|u(|e))|\.wsz|\.xxe|\.yz1|\.z(|\d{2}|a(c|r)|ip|oo|z))$
But thanks anyway :)

EDIT: And now I see, it could be even simplier:
\.(1|7z(|ip)|a(\d\d|ce|dt|in|lz|r(|[cgj])|sd)|b(58|el|h|ix|lz|za)|c(\d\d|ab|zip)|d(ur|z)|e(ar|dc)|g(ca|za)|ha|i(ce|mp)|j(|a[kmr]))$
\.(l(fd|ha|of|z[hozx])|p(aq|iz|p(|m))|r(\d\d|ar|ez|k(|v))|s(bc|pl|qx)|u(c2|ha|u(|e))|wsz|xxe|yz1|z(|\d\d|a[cr]|ip|oo|z))$
But I couldn't merge them into one. Is there any extra limit of string lenght for RegExps?
ADD: Together they have c.a. 240 characters.
Last edited by m^2 on 2006-11-12, 07:23 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

m^2 wrote:EDIT: And now I see, it could be even simplier:
\.(1|7z(|ip)|a(\d\d|ce|dt|in|lz|r(|[cgj])|sd)|b(58|el|h|ix|lz|za)|c(\d\d|ab|zip)|d(ur|z)|e(ar|dc)|g(ca|za)|ha|i(ce|mp)|j(|a[kmr]))$
\.(l(fd|ha|of|z[hozx])|p(aq|iz|p(|m))|r(\d\d|ar|ez|k(|v))|s(bc|pl|qx)|u(c2|ha|u(|e))|wsz|xxe|yz1|z(|\d\d|a[cr]|ip|oo|z))$
But I couldn't merge them into one. Is there any extra limit of string lenght for RegExps?
ROTFL :D :D :D
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric