Right-click menu

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Ghost96

Right-click menu

Post by *Ghost96 »

When I right-click and hold to bring up the context menu, the program totally closes. Didn't see this listed anywhere so sorry if I missed it. Seems like a bug to me... :wink:
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

This smells like a buggy shell extension on your system...

Disable one by one with http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html until the crashes stop, then you know the culprit.

Afterwards send a mail to the author of the extension and report the bug.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Bug, but not in TC. ;) Most probably it's a faulty shell extension. Download ShellExView program and disable the context menu extensions to see if it is so.

<EDIT>
Ah, icfu, you were faster this time. :D
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Ghost96

Post by *Ghost96 »

Yeah, I was gonna use shexview and do it, but didn't know if it would be a bug on TC's end or the extension's end. Seeing as all my context commands are great on 6.55a but not 7, I figured I'd post it up here.

But I'll find out which and then post back. ;)
Ghost96

Post by *Ghost96 »

1st guess and I was right...ShellFTP's context menu was causing the grief. Tried it out just to try it. Now that I purchased TC I don't have any need for something like that anyway. :D Thanks everyone! :)
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

Ah, icfu, you were faster this time.
By eleven minutes BTW =))
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..