Overlay Icons are gone

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Stephan.Gerhards

Overlay Icons are gone

Post by *Stephan.Gerhards »

Hello all

I have tried the new Total Commander beta and now I have a problem. I am using TortoiseSVN, the actual version 1.4.1 and the overlay icons worked very good with TC 6.55. Then I tried the new beta TC and my overlay icons are completly gone in TC. I tried all kinds of settings in the Total comander icon settings, but with no luck.
Next I deleted the beta and install TC 6.55 again, but the overlay icons are gone too. No way to get them work again.
Whe I open the same directory with windows explorer, the overlay icons are visible, so I dont't think that the problem is with TSVN. Also, I tried this on an other computer and it works fine. :sad:
Then I uninstall TC completly from my computer, delete the ini files and make a complete new start, but the overlay icons dont appear again.

Any idea, how to fix this?

Stephan
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Interesting, I also use TortoiseSVN, without problems. I'm sure you did this, but just to make sure: have you set the option
Icons / Show overlay icons, e.g. for links
?
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Stephan.Gerhards

Hello
Thanks for SanskritFritz for your answer. Yes, I set this option on. As I said before, I have both programs also running on my home system without a problem. So I think, that it is not a TC only error, but I think that there is something wrong with the cooperation of TC and TSVN in special circumstances...

Funny is, that after a complete deinstall of the beta and a new install of the TC 6.55, the icons overlay icons are also gone. But, in Explorer everything is OK.
I checked TC with the "Desktop" folder, and here I can see overlay Icons too (for the shortcuts). So the problem is not the display of overlay icons in general, but only with the TSVN overlays....

Very strange....

Stephan
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Maybe there is a problem with a certain TortoiseSVN version? I have 1.35.6804 here and it works fine.
Stephan.Gerhards

I found the bug myself, sorry people, it was not a TC problem, but a wrong setting in TSVN :oops:

Someone (not me, I promise :wink:) has activated the setting, to make TSVN show the overlays only in the explorer....

Sorry, next round is on me...

Stephan