English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Canceling copy with big buffer sizes [bug?]

Post by *roentgen »

I've been put in the following situation:

10 files (png images) with sizes varying between 3.9M and 6.8M. I am copying these files within the same partition and press cancel when the copying process reaches the third file.

Result: the copying doesn't stop and continues until ALL files get copied.

Although I know this might be related to the fact that I'm using large buffer sizes (10240 and 512 - default method) I still find this behaviour unacceptable - the canceling should happen instantly.

Tested with 6.55 and 7b2.
TC for Linux please!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Can anyone else confirm that?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Nope, cannot confirm.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

I have uploaded a video file at: http://www.drivehq.com/file/ShowFolder.aspx?G=1&shareID=732576

I have to to say that this only happens when the computer is under heavy load (50% and more proc usage, lots of HDD access) but I do not consider this as an excuse, canceling is buggy.

Upon pressing download Opera offers me to save the file as application (with exe extension). The file is in fact a rar archive, just rename afterwards or save as type "all files" and manually enter the extension .rar.

Further more I wasn't able to figure out a direct link to the file, but I don't think that is a problem as currently there is only one file in there.
TC for Linux please!